VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castlevania Collecting Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Castlevania Collecting Thread Reply with quote

They were UK store Banners for the PAL release of SOTN.

They arent mint (Alucard is a little faded, minor imperfections otherwise) but they look really cool.

Last edited by Goddamnbathead on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
retro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those banners are really cool. Pretty rare as well.

I watched the ebay auction too, so i guess you are protogem? ^^
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes =)
Josh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Are you going to hang them or preserve them?

Speaking of ebay... don't you hate it when they throw in the "buy-it-now" option right in the middle of the auction? I just got a copy of Rondo of Blood bought out from under me while I thought I was the uncontested bidder. Sad
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I am going to keep them preserved, I hang a random CV poster or flyer up every month for my room, but I havent bothered to knock a nail into the wall yet in my new place. I'll probably put them in my hanging poster frame soon though =)

Concerning Ebay, I havent had that happen yet. Sounds really annoying!
retro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Proto, for how long are you collecting CV stuff now, and what is your most wanted CV item you still do not own?
The pictures of your collection are great. Maybe you should take some new more "sortet" ones.
I'm also collecting, but there's so much expensive stuff out there Sad
Angantyr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with collecting the rare items 'virtually', so, if you could take another photo in a more striaght angle, that would be really nice.

I'm just having a Japanese Lamont of Innocence poster decorate my walls, alongside Metropolis, Goldfrapp, Nosferatu and oasis.
retro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm fine with collecting the rare items 'virtually'

So you mean romz and stuff? That'll be too easy i think Wink

There's no challenge in it. But some game are really very hard to find and if they appear, the prices are ridiculous. Sad For example the A500 version...

All my CV posters rest in poster-tubes, just some Resident Evil posters on the wall.
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retro wrote:
@Proto, for how long are you collecting CV stuff now, and what is your most wanted CV item you still do not own?
The pictures of your collection are great. Maybe you should take some new more "sortet" ones.
I'm also collecting, but there's so much expensive stuff out there Sad

Thanks. =)

I've been collecting for about 8 years now, give or take. CV collecting can definitely get expensive, especially if you start dabbling in the Arcade items(Haunted Castle/Akumajo Dracula arcade for the most part). A lot of the home console games are quite expensive too, based on supposed rarity or quality.

Rondo is one of these games. It really isn't nearly as rare as people make it out to be, but it has a reputation for being rare, and is a great game so prices are higher for it.

There are still CV items I want, that are fairly expensive. One of the 1987 Konami mail in Castlevania NES posters has been on my list for a while, and I'm still trying to hunt down a Battle Tryst M2 arcade board with all it's inserts as well(this is the rare/odd Konami arcade game on 3DO hardware, that has Simon and Richter in it).

As for the collection page, yes it is fair to say it is a bit of a mess with my random updates. I'm mulling over whether I should get a tall stepladder and gather everything into a large floor picture like Guillame did, or take photos of certain things together and ask Mr. P to seperate them out onto different pages.

Retro, is your collection on Mr. P's page as well? If not, please share =)
retro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, 8 years Shocked I'm collecting CV for about 1.5 Years now, next to that , I collect other oldschool Videogames/systems.

Well, I would just do 1-3 Pictures only for the Games, 1 for guides, 1 for CD's and so on. But that's just the way i would do it.

Yes, I have pictures, but they are not on Mr. P's page. I'm awaiting some more stuff, and when everything has arrived I'll do some new pics Smile
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea about a small number of photos for the different kinds of items, I think I'll go with that.

I collect some other systems too, NES, Genesis, Neo Geo. (Soon to be PC Engine/TG16, Sega Master system as well)

My favorite has to be Neo Geo, it is truly the Ferrari of the classic video game consoles.
retro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you have pictures from you non-CV stuff online ? Smile

I do unfortunately not own a Neo Geo Sad
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Goddamnbathead"]
retro wrote:

Rondo is one of these games. It really isn't nearly as rare as people make it out to be, but it has a reputation for being rare, and is a great game so prices are higher for it.

Though it may not necessarily be rare in the number that were printed, most people who are currently in possession of it now are either collectors or intend to keep it for playing. The number of sellers of the game definately contributes to that reputation.
Angantyr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing with "real" collecting of Cv or NES items is that videogaming is not my only hobby. It's more a time problem than a monetary one, though.
Believe me, I hate trying to make music. I wished I could drop that.

check out my myspace:
Mardukh & the Homesick Fonds Control

From Chosen to Chewzer, to a naught.
Ferret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angantyr wrote:
the thing with "real" collecting of Cv or NES items is that videogaming is not my only hobby. It's more a time problem than a monetary one, though.
Believe me, I hate trying to make music. I wished I could drop that.

Why do you hate trying to make music? I listened to it, and I automatically loved it; it's beautiful. It saddens me that you wish to stop.
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=300090091204

Does anyone else have this old issue of Play? Nice feature on Castlevania, lots of nice artwork. Not as good as an artbook, and some info is wrong. Pretty nice for a cheap buy though.
Angantyr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferret wrote:
Why do you hate trying to make music? I listened to it, and I automatically loved it; it's beautiful. It saddens me that you wish to stop.

It's just that I have been trying for ten years - I had about ten bassists, four drummers and six guitarists around, and they all became suckers after a while without properly finishing what we'd been working on.

I've been trying to get my recordings-finished EP mixed and produced for about three years now and didn't get anything finished besides my demotape from 2003. I'm frustrated cause everyone seems to be lieing in the "biz", except for that I'm still nowhere near any commercial business, which makes me feel pretty ridiculous from times to times Confused
So far, noone is willing to earn money with my music, and therefore, I can't afford a studio, a professional mixing or a new PC to program my drums. Crying or Very sad
Life would be just so much easier if I wouldn't have this urge to make music outside of my bedroom, and have it properly recorded.
That's what I meant - I could focus more on the hobbies that really give something to me, like CastleVania, and not only on this one which slowly burns me out.
Hey, thanks for liking my stuff! Please, spread it around if you like to!

Quote:
Does anyone else have this old issue of Play? Nice feature on Castlevania, lots of nice artwork. Not as good as an artbook, and some info is wrong. Pretty nice for a cheap buy though.

Whoa! Too sad stuff like this never appears in Europe... there's less fandom over here.

check out my myspace:

Ferret

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angantyr wrote:
Ferret wrote:

It's just that I have been trying for ten years - I had about ten bassists, four drummers and six guitarists around, and they all became suckers after a while without properly finishing what we'd been working on.

I've been trying to get my recordings-finished EP mixed and produced for about three years now and didn't get anything finished besides my demotape from 2003. I'm frustrated cause everyone seems to be lieing in the "biz", except for that I'm still nowhere near any commercial business, which makes me feel pretty ridiculous from times to times Confused
So far, noone is willing to earn money with my music, and therefore, I can't afford a studio, a professional mixing or a new PC to program my drums. Crying or Very sad
Life would be just so much easier if I wouldn't have this urge to make music outside of my bedroom, and have it properly recorded.
That's what I meant - I could focus more on the hobbies that really give something to me, like CastleVania, and not only on this one which slowly burns me out.
Hey, thanks for liking my stuff! Please, spread it around if you like to!

Quote:

Whoa! Too sad stuff like this never appears in Europe... there's less fandom over here.

I see. 'Tis a shame you do not possess that which you are in need of; your music truly is amazing.
Angantyr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be less of a "problem", and indeed a great time!, if people would give me as much of a hand as they promise to. There's always someone around who has mixing skills or a good PC or the ability to create great homepages, and most of them will be willing to do you a favour. But then, it's years before they actually do something. Bastards, they are. Or just envious Twisted Evil

But I can't give it up anway. It's fate Very Happy and I will finish the effing album oneday. Sorry to everyone for my whining Wink

check out my myspace:

Ferret

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angantyr wrote:
It would be less of a "problem", and indeed a great time!, if people would give me as much of a hand as they promise to. There's always someone around who has mixing skills or a good PC or the ability to create great homepages, and most of them will be willing to do you a favour. But then, it's years before they actually do something. Bastards, they are. Or just envious Twisted Evil

But I can't give it up anway. It's fate Very Happy and I will finish the effing album oneday. Sorry to everyone for my whining Wink

Alright!
Angantyr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamnbathead wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=300090091204

uhm, Goddamnedbathead, you sound like you actually had this issue. Are there any chances you could provide Mr. P's with a few scans?
Cause I don't think this item will ever appear over here in the EU Crying or Very sad

check out my myspace:

Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what can be done, I don't currently own a scanner (my latest contributions were done with a digicam).

There was one pretty cool magazine in europe that had the Castlevania 1 art on it's first issue, I believe it was called "Retro" or some such. I used to have a picture of its cover, but lost it. Would be neat to own this magazine.
retro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Protogem:

Do you also, like much other collectors on Mr.P's Page, collect the Magazines with Castlevania Articles inside? That would be too much work for me i guess. I'm already served well enough with the "official" items ^^
This retro magazine pop's up now and then on ebay.
btw: what is your rarest CV item?

@Angantyr:

I listened to the Song Getting me up from you Page, and it's pretty cool! Got an "Ohrwurm" from it Very Happy good stuff.
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retro -

I have only recently started collecting magazines, up until this past year and a half I have bought almost only the games for my collection. I think there are more games than any other items in my collection, but I will need to check this figure.

Magazines are a new interest to me, I started getting them after I decided to get a classic Japanese Famitsu magazine from 1986/1987 with a full Akumajo Dracula FDS walkthrough in it. I was so happy with it, I then got the Play Magazine with the Castlevania history special, and I think I'm hooked now.

My rarest item, tough to say. I will just list some guesses:

Castlevania (Amiga 500)
Castlevania (Commodore 64)
VS Castlevania (Complete conversion kit + flyer)
Playchoice 10 Castlevania
Akumajo Dracula(ARC) + 2 other games Superplay Laserdisc
Castlevania 2 Tiger Wristwatch
Haunted Castle Arcade board with marquee/manual/schematics
Akumajo Dracula Arcade board with panel inserts/manual/schematics
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness PAL Store Demo
Castlevania LOI Japanese Store promotional video DVD
Castlevania LOI Japanese Special Edition (not to be confused with Limited Edition, this came with an artbook)
Konami 1996 Promotional VHS tape (containing rare/mostly unseen SOTN/NITM commercial)
Official Konami Dracula X NITM Hat and Jacket
Sealed SOTN Tiger Handheld
Castlevania LOI Bandana
Official Konami PoR Asset CD (sent out to magazines, it contains high res PSD and jpeg files, which were not contained in the PoR promotional zip file Nintendo made available a while back)
Various store display boxes and posters

Sorry for the long answer, I'm just not sure =). Some of the cameo games are pretty rare, but I thought Id stick with just straight CV stuff for this.
Angantyr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have got some Club Nintendo issues of the late '90s now.. I guess I'll keep cannibalising other people's collecting efforts via scanned contributions Rolling Eyes

@ retro: thanx!
(@ anybody who's interested, I've just recently added some new songs to my myspace space www.myspace.com/mardukh - might be worth a listen or two Very Happy

check out my myspace:

Ferret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angantyr wrote:
I only have got some Club Nintendo issues of the late '90s now.. I guess I'll keep cannibalising other people's collecting efforts via scanned contributions Rolling Eyes

@ retro: thanx!
(@ anybody who's interested, I've just recently added some new songs to my myspace space www.myspace.com/mardukh - might be worth a listen or two Very Happy

Sooo, it's not on the homepage? Just clarifying; that, and I'm kind of against myspace..
Angantyr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a trick to make people visit the myspace thingie; cuz in itself, myspace is good for nothing, isn't it? 200.000 bands there already, I guess I won't be noticed by many a rock fan. But people are just lazy, everybody asking me "d'you have a myspace account", and me going "nope, but my homepage is user friendly enough" and they're goinig "sorry, no interest, then."
So to get those who prefer homepages to visit the myspace thing, I put up 2 new songs there => RARE COLLECTOR'S ITEMS!!
(who's supposed to fall for that, I wonder).

check out my myspace:

Ferret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angantyr wrote:
just a trick to make people visit the myspace thingie; cuz in itself, myspace is good for nothing, isn't it? 200.000 bands there already, I guess I won't be noticed by many a rock fan. But people are just lazy, everybody asking me "d'you have a myspace account", and me going "nope, but my homepage is user friendly enough" and they're goinig "sorry, no interest, then."
So to get those who prefer homepages to visit the myspace thing, I put up 2 new songs there => RARE COLLECTOR'S ITEMS!!
(who's supposed to fall for that, I wonder).

I listened to 'em--awesome. :]
Angantyr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again, Embarassed

hey, did anybody notice Lisa is commented with "lust" on these banners?
a) hrr!
b) huh?
c) omg konami we're not the wanking yugiohkiddi manga freaks you think we are. or at least give us the Succubus on the effing "Lust"-Banner.
d) what's it with PORuiN, has anybody seen konami trying to capitalize on the evil sisters' appeal in commercials etc? me not...

check out my myspace:

Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what they wanted to do was put the Succubus on that banner, but passed because of how risque the art is (especially the full view of it)
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some recent items:

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness official promo t-shirt
Akumajo Dracula: Sougetsu no Juujika official JP promo mini poster
Akumajo Dracula Best Vol. 1 Cassete Tape (sealed)
Play Magazine 2003 (special Castlevania article)
Retro Gamer 2007 (Castlevania: SOTN article)
Start Game SOTN/LOI/COD Spanish guide

Official PAL Portrait of Ruin Promo poster.

Not a bad haul, overall. The tape is a real gem, still sealed with the original gold plastic pull string (or whatever it is called). As I've said before, the trouble with sealed items is that you always want to open them.
Angantyr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, a red DS... we've got only pink and baby blue here, besides silver.
the DS light, of course, has the cool stormtrooper clinical-white-evil colour to it.

check out my myspace:

retro

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Retro, is your collection on Mr. P's page as well? If not, please share =)

I finally made new Pics and sent them to MrP yesterday Smile

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Masters/collector-retrog.htm

thx to MrP again!
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet collection, retro. Love the Pal Promo SOTN disc.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tip for all you collectors:

Keep all your boxes, posters and covers AWAY from any kind of light, otherwise they will look faded by the time you all reach 50 years old.

I have all my boxed games in a..box, with black trash bags covering the top.
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good tip. I keep my goods in large sealable rubbermaid bins. No light gets in.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are transparent, then light gets in.

You have to be careful with those though, if the temperature gets moist or too hot, the air inside with destroy the boxes eventually.
Goddamnbathead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take that as a given.

But yeah, solid grey. Temperature wise, I can see the danger, luckily the weather is pretty predictable where I live, never hot or muggy, here on the coast.

On another note, the E3 demo copy of Symphony of the Night is being shown, the seller is taking offers upwards of 2 grand for the disc, a little out of my price range though.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101508
retro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sweet collection, retro. Love the Pal Promo SOTN disc.

thank you!

Quote:
A tip for all you collectors:

Keep all your boxes, posters and covers AWAY from any kind of light, otherwise they will look faded by the time you all reach 50 years old.

I have all my boxed games in a..box, with black trash bags covering the top.

yeah light sucks, but i cant keep it away from my collection, there's not enough space. but i like to collect display stuff.

because this is the "collecting thread" now, we could share our collections ^^
here's mine:

http://www.snesfreaks.com/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=69

Quote:
On another note, the E3 demo copy of Symphony of the Night is being shown, the seller is taking offers upwards of 2 grand for the disc, a little out of my price range though.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101508

yeah, i have seen that on assembler. what does "offers upwards of 2 grand" mean? $2000? o_ô
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retro wrote:

yeah light sucks, but i cant keep it away from my collection, there's not enough space. but i like to collect display stuff.

You are going to regret it when the colors start to fade.
And the awesome thing is that you don't notice it until it's too late.
Since you look at it everyday, you get used to each small fade and your brain makes up for the missing colors. Until one day you're gonna compare them to something else and notice how washed out it looks.

I'm telling you because it happened to me and a bunch of BOXED SNES games (Final Fantasy 3, Mario RPG, Castlevania 4, etc).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: