VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Castlevania IV/Magician Lord comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patraw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Super Castlevania IV/Magician Lord comparison Reply with quote

Here's an article comparing Super Castlevania IV and Magician Lord (an old NeoGeo/arcade platformer if you're unfamiliar) that I just found. It's in French though, and Yahoo! Babelfish didn't work for me. Well, you can look at the pictures and videos if nothing else. Razz

http://snk-neo-geo.jimdo.com/versus/magician-lord-vs-super-castlevania-iv/
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. So it's more of a which-one-is-better sort of a deal and less let's-look-at-the-similarities?

NeoGeo's the handheld device launched around the same time as GBA that had a boatload of fighting games and a Sonic the Hedgehog port made for it, right?

Edit: Post #101!
Patraw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Neo Geo Pocket handheld, but that isn't what I'm referring to. The Neo Geo console that Magician Lord is available for is this (text borrowed from Neo-Geo.com)

"Neo Geo: Common short hand for the Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment System. Originally created in 1990 by SNK. It began as a rental-only, arcade-exact system (see AES) in Japan before its huge popularity prompted SNK to release it for purchase. From its inception, SNK planned an arcade version (See MVS) to promote the home system in arcades. Much to the surprise of SNK, the arcade version was a historic success while the AES version fizzled into a cult following. The system (home and arcade) is the longest supported system (by a parent company) in video game history, surpassing the Game Boy/Game Boy Color. It is why this site and this community exists. Also referred to as the "Neo.""

SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I always thought the Gameboy/GBC was the longest system to have games made for it at a regular rate (ie - excluding Genesis with its three 2000s titles).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: