VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ultimate World Wrestling Entertainment© Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: The Ultimate World Wrestling Entertainment© Thread Reply with quote

This month, WWE Magazine© presents the 25 Most Significant Matches in WWE© History! In no way has history been revised to exclude current TNA employees or people who have killed themselves, their children or their wives! This list is certainly not skewed to favor current WWE© Superstars© who you can see on WWE RAW©, the longest-running episodic television program in history! 2 + 2 = 5.

[Editor's note: We left Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant off of the list because it was not as historically significant as the birth of the John Morrison/Miz tag team.] [Foleyite's note: Seriously, this is a real list. It's on WWE's website and everything, along with all kinds of orange crap you can wear and a giant ad for the new Judas Priest re-issue. Yeah. I'm being serious about that last part, too. I'm almost surprised that DX vs. The Spirit Squad didn't make this list. Yeah, believe it or not, I'm STILL being serious. It'll make sense when you see the list. Yahoo Seriously.]

25: Shawn Michaels defeats World champion Bret Hart for the title in an "Ironman Match" at WM12.
24: Wendi Richter def. Fabulous Moolah for Womens' title at "The Brawl to End It All" (1984).
23: Shelton Benjamin def. HHH on RAW (2004).
22: 123 Kid upsets Razor Ramon on RAW.
21: Sheamus wins a crucial battle royal on RAW (2009).
20: Kane wins a TLC tag match by himself, 2002.
19: Honky Tonk Man def. Ricky Steamboat, 1987.
18: The Legacy def. DX, Breaking Point 2009.
17: Eddie Guerrero def. Brock Lesnar, No Way Out, 2004.
16: The Miz & John Morrison def. Matt Hardy & MVP, Smackdown, 2007.
15: Owen def. Bret, WMX.
14: Goldberg def. Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Nitro, 1998.
13: Matt/Jeff Hardy def. Edge/Christian, No Mercy, 1999.
12: The Ultimate Warrior def. Hulk Hogan, WM6.
11: Batista def. HHH, WM21.
10: Shawn Michaels def. HHH, SummerSlam 2002.
9: Rey Mysterio wins Royal Rumble, 2006.
8: Chris Jericho beats Stone Cold & The Rock in one night, Vengeance 2001.
7: The Rock def. Mankind & Ken Shamrock, Breakdown, 1998.
6: John Cena def. Randy Orton, WWE Bragging Rights, 2009.
5: Randy Orton def. Cactus Jack, Backlash 2004.
4: Edge def. John Cena, New Year's Revolution, 2006.
3: Bret Hart def. Ric Flair, 1992.
2: HHH def. Mankind, RAW, 1999.
1: The Undertaker defeats Jimmy Snuka, WMVII.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like if I started responding to that list, I might never stop.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread fails to acknowledge the article's Honorable Mention: In a "Limo-vs-Reliant Robin Match," James Dudley defeats Walter Cronkite in a spontaneous drag race ranging from the stoplight adjacent to Crazy Charlie's Chicken to the one bordering the Curl Up and Dye salon (1981).
Mek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had to verify this on the website. Horrible.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent list were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on the internet is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me identify the weakest choice on the list. The worst pick has to be Sheamus winning some random, unremembered Raw match, which was clearly chosen only because he's HHH's weight spot buddy. Although the 2004 Orton-Foley match has that same "he's our current product" stink to it, plus the classic vindictive punish-the-traitor touch, so that's even lower. Except they just fired Shelton Benjamin... and yet they picked Benjamin's win over HHH... but the subsequent total failure of the Benjamin "push" is the platonic ideal for why WWE booking has hurt the company, and surely that's not the "significance" they're trying to celebrate. It undermines their own list. But hur-hur-how can that be MORE moronic than choosing a WCW match as a WWE moment? Spuh... fmmff. Or picking a Ricky Steamboat match and NOT having it be the Randy Savage Wrestlemania one? Or picking a Steve Austin match and NOT having it be the "passing out from blood loss" one? Nuh, nuh, wha? Or picking a Wrestlemania 10 match and NOT having it be the Michaels-Razor ladder match? Or picking two Hulk Hogan matches, and NEITHER of them include the Iron Sheik or Andre the Giant? Yaaawaaahooorrrkkk... Or omitting the "Montreal Screwjob" match which created the Evil McMahon character and which they're STILL squeezing the last few dimes out of? Fuf! Fuf! Or having Undertaker vs. Snuka and Foley vs. HHH instead of the Undertaker-Foley through-the-cage match that simultaneously gave WWE a marketable star and what would become a profitable "extreme" match style? Spluh! Blem! Or why didn't... or... but they... nnnyyyuuuuurrrrr.... ggggbbbbb...

Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, sure--this isn't WWE's finest hour, but let's give the company a pass on this one.

I mean, it's not as if this list is something supremely lame like a skit where a leprechaun and a fake Italian guy casually stroll into a fake moon-landing scene starring an 80-year-old astronaut.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Perfect wrote:
OK, sure--this isn't WWE's finest hour, but let's give the company a pass on this one.

I mean, it's not as if this list is something supremely lame like a skit where a leprechaun and a fake Italian guy casually stroll into a fake moon-landing scene starring an 80-year-old astronaut.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a parody of that Moon Landing Hoax Guy calling Aldrin a "coward, a liar and a thief" and getting punched in the face tomorrow. They'll probably sacrifice a guy like Zack Ryder for that high-larious moment.

Judging by WWE's programming in recent years, I'm beginning to believe that WWE loves Wrestlecrap and they're just trying to dominate the site, so that people will forget about WCW and other old promotions even more.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a hungry horsefly, I find myself returning to the piece of shit.

That really is some list. Are there even five matches that have a legitimate case for being on it? When you look at all 25 of them together, the 1-2-3 Kid's "historic upset" on an early Raw ends up being one of the stronger picks there, and, well... what?
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Perfect wrote:

It's like I said: WWE would never do anything so heinous, which of course means the Top 25 Most Significant Matches list retains its title. Good job, WW-daaaaaaaaah-E.

All of this begs one important question: How much does the Moon weigh?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a parody of that Moon Landing Hoax Guy calling Aldrin a "coward, a liar and a thief" and getting punched in the face tomorrow. They'll probably sacrifice a guy like Zack Ryder for that high-larious moment.

Quote:
Ryder and Alicia Fox came out and Ryder did his shtick, saying the moon landing was a work. Aldrin said the last guy who claimed he staged the moon-landing got this...cue up a handheld video of Aldrin decking a guy trying to confront him at a conference. Aldrin teased pouncing on Ryder, who asked him what he's going to do about it.

Ehhhh, close enough.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes WWE can do comedy right.

After roughly 20 minutes of Batista-in-a-wheelchair shouting about how he was screwed, how he's hurt badly, how John Cena threatened his life, how the WWE Universe sucks and should be sued, how the show will suck without him, how Bret Hart sucks for booking him in a match, how people pay to see him and then screaming "I QUIT! I QUIT THIS WHOLE INDUSTRY!"....

...the ring announcer announced "Let's hear it for Batista!"

Laughing
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next to the Rock presenting an Oscar and Chris Masters doing something entertaining, Batista's emergence as a great interview is one of the most unexpected things that wrestling has seen in this century.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new tag team of Rikishi's sons managed by Jimmy Snuka's daughter is intriguing. Though a cynical part of me thinks that pushing the second-or-third-generation 'wrestling family' gimmick might work better or feel more special if WWE wasn't also currently employing Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase Jr., Goldust, Cody Rhodes, The Hart Dynasty, Primo Colon and Chavo Guerrero. And that's not even counting their developmental promotion FCW, which hosts Mr. Perfect's son, another DiBiase son, Ricky Steamboat's kid, two Rotundos and Dos Caras Jr.

It's a family affayuh.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until those seventeen HHH-Stephanie kids grow to manhood. Everyone else will be competing to get into the opening Wrestlemania XLII match against Savio Vega Jr., Jr.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hear it for the new NXT rookies:

Fixta Fernback, Scrappy Bowman, Grayson Dilkington, Pling Flappy, Horse McGrammer, Nigel Zoftig, Hamlet Reynolds and the third-generation superstar with an entirely new, different last name for some reason, Montana McCoolwhip.
Harb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with name changes, even stupid ones, but when you say, "Here is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig" and then call him "Michael McGillicutty", well, I'm confused. If you're going to push him based on his lineage, why change his name?

I ended up liking several guys on the first season. I drank the kool-aid on Bryan Danielson pretty early and the stuff at the end with Cole was fun. Tarver and Sheffield had a little bit of personality and some decent mic skills, so they grew on me too. Barrett was okay, but the rest were kind of blah. And we're stuck with Otunga because of his celebrity connection.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see why you wouldn't even try to give guys decent names. Everyone always says it doesn't matter what the name is, as long as they have the talent and get over. But in wrestling, the ring name is pretty important in getting over in the first place. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ric Flair, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage - all awesome wrestling names; all money-making stars. There's so much nepotism in wrestling and I've seen so many "second-generation superstar!" pushes that I wouldn't mind if they didn't acknowledge that they were the sons of whoever. But you're exactly right. Why say "This guy's the son of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig. Oh, by the way, his name is Michael McGillicutty"? It's nonsensical and it's a more realistic name than Lucky Cannon or Titus O'Neil, but that is a horrible wrestling name.

The only guys I saw anything in from the first season were Tarver, Barrett and Bryan. But I think the NXT show is fucking terrible. They are trying to do something exciting with Bryan now that's kind of interesting, but I don't see why you wouldn't capitalize on Danielson's fanbase and, talk about how he's wrestled all over the world, give him solid wins over some mid-card guys and see if the excitement from the smarks carried over to the casuals in the first place. Sure, his fanbase is small compared to the WWE Universe, but you've got something to build on. Only in wrestling would they do something so counterproductive or out of spite. It's like if there was a really talented, popular indie rock band (let's say their name is Wolf Bear) and a major label signed them. But instead of capitalizing on that loyal cult fanbase and using that to build buzz among the mainstream public, the label decides to change their name to Cubwolf and in a press release announcing their signing, the president of the label says that "Cubwolf are vegan nerds and they have not proven themselves on a big level. They should probably go back to the tiny indie clubs before they embarrass themselves on the upcoming tour, where they will be opening for the Dave Matthews Band. The DMB are pros who will teach Cubwolf some respect in this business."
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harb wrote:
"Here is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig" and then call him "Michael McGillicutty", well, I'm confused.

Now he'll never be Raccoon of the Year.

Brock Fensterbau 4 Life.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strenuously urge a return to the era of 100% real names like "Paul Bearer," "Justin Credible," "Irwin R. Shyster," "Hugh Morrus," "Dr. I. Yankem," "Sparky Plugg," "Terra Ryzin," "Henry O. Godwinn," "Adam Bomb," and so on.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
I strenuously urge a return to the era of 100% real names like "Paul Bearer," "Justin Credible," "Irwin R. Shyster," "Hugh Morrus," "Dr. I. Yankem," "Sparky Plugg," "Terra Ryzin," "Henry O. Godwinn," "Adam Bomb," and so on.

Most of the top guys of that era had names like Bret Hart, Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels and at least most of the silly names came with gimmicks attached: mortician, taxman, crazy laughing guy, evil dentist, race car driver, hog farmer, nuclear bomb-referencing guy? Current WWE is just guys with dumb names and gimmicks that are nothing more than "guy who has several tribal tattoos", "guy who's supposedly charismatic because he flips his hair and arms around" or "offspring of famous wrestler". There were tons of Wrestlecrappy gimmicks in the old days, but I think wrestling could use a few more gimmicks now. Maybe Vince thinks he's "being like UFC", but some sort of non-giving up Marine guy John Cena, slow-walking Randy Orton, Irish guy Sheamus, etc. aren't exactly bringing in record numbers. I would rather see a Glenn Beck-gimmicked guy named Gene Grant or a crazy doctor guy named Dr. Love over some bland, tattooed FCW guy who says he has "the it factor" named Merchant Hamilton or Chase Pindleporf.
Harb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NXT show started VERY good and ended pretty good. It was the middle 8-10 episodes that were excruciating.

To go back to an earlier post, I'm really hoping the tag team division takes off again. It was one of the best things about WWE in the "Attitude Era" and really had a lot of depth.

Now it seems like any time people start to be identified primarily as a tag team, they get broken up (Deuce and Domino, Carlito and Primo, Miz and Morrison, JeriShow), and you're left with the champions carrying around 4 title belts (still? really?) and nobody to defend them against. The Uso brothers seem charismatic, so they're a good start, but the Hart Dynasty......those guys are horrible on the mic and have zero charisma.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the first episode or two of NXT were good. The rest of them were pretty much terrible. Although Regal was funny on the finale. I especially liked R-Truth doing a pelvic thrust dance towards Regal, only for Regal to reply with an unimpressed "Well, aren't you entertaining?"

I'm always a sucker for tag teams, too. Won't judge The Usos until I see some more of them, but I actually like the Harts and they definitely work ten times better as the good guys. I don't think they really need charisma. The Hart Foundation never oozed fountains of charisma either - just sunglasses, laughs and beards. I think the Dynasty are fine as the 'solid worker team' that can do the babyface tag match formula. WWE seems to have faith in them and seems to be building around them, but that's probably just being done as a favor to Bret and after a few months they'll get bored and have them drop the belts to Cena/Orton or DX. Hopefully, they'll build both teams up a bit more before the Usos/Harts feud really takes off. The Harts have been pushed pretty hard, but they still don't feel firmly established enough to carry a feud with two guys no one's heard of.

Also, they've got Vance Archer/Curt Hawkins and Baretta & Croft as tag teams that aren't really doing anything. Give these guys gimmicks, team names and matching outfits already.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way WWE shows could be better:
More of Matt Striker yelling the phrase "DOUBLE YOU DOUBLE YOU EEE UNIVERSE!" into microphones.

I think the end of RAW was surprising (unlike the rest of RAW which was predictably awful), but I also can't believe so many people are excited about it like it's the nWo. I don't even think a TNA invasion would get that big a reaction because TNA is nothing close to what WCW was, but I could at least understand people freaking out if that happened. People shat on the nWo eventually for letting in "too many jobbers" and people mocked the crappy stables in the Gang Warz of '97, but now we're supposed to be excited because Heath Slater, Black Troll Doll Cena, Larry the Cable Guy and a few other green guys who have been booked as rookie jobbers for 4 months attacked John Cena? You know the guys are kinda crappy when their epic attack is mostly guys doing clotheslines.

Hey yo. You wanted a war with THE ONE MAN ROCK BAND HEATH SLATER, WWE UNIVERSE? YOU GOT IT. SO THIS IS WHERE THE DIVAS ARE SMART, SEXY AND POWERFUL HUH?! WELL, WE AIN'T HERE TO BE SMART & SEXY.

IT'S UNPREDICTABLE.
UNCOOKED.
UNCUT.
UNCENSORED.
IT'SMONDAYNIGHTRRRRRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWGH
Harb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was perfect until Cena's heroic thumbs up at the end. Make no mistake though, they'll drop the ball on it going forward.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some home video of Cena's target fanbase coping with the group attack and trying to encourage a heroic comeback:

Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The highlight of NXT was clearly the black guy yelling "HUR! HUR! HUR! HUR! HUR!" and then getting kicked in the stomach by Krist Novoselic.

Also, I think Matt Striker recovered from the "bombastic" (his words, not mine) attack on RAW. He was yelling "YOU, THE WWE UNIVERSE!" just fine.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Perfect wrote:
We have some home video of Cena's target fanbase

What you mock as Cena's target fanbase is nothing less than CENATION™. Cenation™ is the biggest, most important landmass in sports entertainment since Planet Stasiak, or possibly Mabel.
Harb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Daniel Bryan is gone. They couldn't even wait five days to kill off their hottest angle in years.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did he do, not say hi Triple H and Undertaker as he briefly passed through a room?
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord. If it's an angle, it's nonsensical, because Daniel Bryan was eliminated from NXT and doesn't have a contract in kayfabe terms. (Also, there's the 'why fire him and not the other guys' if they're all under contract question and 'because he's the internet indie darling' or 'because he spit on John Cena' doesn't really make sense as an answer.)

If it's real, you've gotta be kidding me. Up until NXT, the only footage I'd ever seen of Bryan Danielson was a couple of things on YouTube and a match or two on a DVD provided by Mr. Incognto. I thought he was good, but I was never on the "Best in the World" bandwagon. But if they've really fired this guy - right after using him in an big, interesting angle no less - this company's even dumber than we thought. It won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things, but despite the NXT burial - Danielson now gets to return to ROH or make a huge TNA debut as the guy who spit in John Cena's face, kicked him in the head, cleanly beat The Miz and was too much for the PG-rated WWE.
Harb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince isn't in the sports entertainment business anymore, he's in the "get Linda elected to the senate" business. Apparently, there's a big rule against simulated choking after Benoit decided to murder his family. If that's true, Bryan SHOULD be reprimanded, but why not save the actual firing for the cameraman who zoomed in on it or the control room guy who told him to, for all the reasons you listed.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very best part of the NXT INVASION is that it can only end in one of two ways:

*Within two weeks, the NXT guys will be losing 5-minute matches to R-Truth, Shad and Primo while the announcers talk about Randy Orton's shoulder;

*HHH comes back to save the WWE.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE WINDS OF CHANGE-UH

COME FACE TO FACE-UH

WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER

Wade Barrett: "What the? How would a sledgehammer do any damage to wind?"

::HHH Pedigrees Barrett::
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whether this is because of Linda's asinine senate dreams, or because the Mattel deal they have in place strictly prohibits WWE Superstars (TM) from choking announcers with a pink ties while said announcers make comical faces, they've pretty much wrecked a large percentage of whatever potential this angle had.

Up next: Mattel is rumored to not like how the Undertaker is portrayed as a dead guy.

Can't they find something else to get upset about? John Cena wears jorts in the ring, how about we start there?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Wrestling Observer man:
Quote:
Regarding the Bryan Danielson situation, it's best to assume it's a work. May not be, but work or shoot, the way it was handled at this point makes no sense. If they went to the extent they did to make it an elaborate work, why give it away two days later as opposed to waiting for the moment on TV? If he really was fired, by this point there would be an explanation as to who exactly complained. With the inability to pinpoint it, the story starts to make less sense. If there was a rule violation, it wasn't something to be fired over and why was it shot because even if he didn't know, the director should. It may just be WWE trying to get its characters over on Twitter, given the doctrine for the guys to all get accounts.

Sounds like he's got it all figured out then.

If he is fired, then the good news is that at least all those children who wear three-piece suits won't be inspired to choke each other with their ties ever again.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen the first half hour of "Raw," but the British-sounding guy who won NXT and is now their evil leader spoke some line about how Bryan Danielson alone felt remorse about the attack, so now he's out of the gang because of it and you'll never see him again.

This clears up exactly nothing, since it's the kind of juvenile F.U. kissoff that Vince and WWE love to give their discards (see Bischoff, Jarrett, Lesnar). But they also prefer to throw their recently departed down the WWE Universe Memory Hole whenever possible and pretend they never existed, so why call special attention to Danielson? Eight on one, seven on one, who'd care? And it's not as if the company gives much of a crap about tying up loose ends in their other stories.

If this masterful shtick is supposed to fill me with anxiety and curiosity, it's not working. The only reports I've seen on this breaking situation are the ones on this thread. You guys could really screw with me by posting fake updates.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:

If this masterful shtick is supposed to fill me with anxiety and curiosity, it's not working. The only reports I've seen on this breaking situation are the ones on this thread. You guys could really screw with me by posting fake updates.

Yeah, that's the thing. If "it's all a work, u guyz!!", then it's nonsensical and I don't see the upside. There's the obvious problem of working (in the real world, we call this "lying") the talent and the people who work for WWE. Lots of fans don't check the internet for wrestling news, so those fans would be in the dark as to why the one NXT guy in maroon trunks isn't there. Despite the big angle last week, Bryan really hasn't been positioned as a big enough star yet to do a big elaborate worked shoot. Stuff like this always gets some fans on the internet all riled up "IF THIS IS A WORK THIS IS GENIUS!" But where's the pay-off? Daniel Bryan returning to side with John Cena in a month to oppose NXT? If that's the goal, there's an easier and more sensible of way of getting there than lying to everyone and pretending the guy got fired. I'm pretty sure the guy's really fired and that the WWE writers were covering their bases with the "he felt remorse, so you won't see that pussy again!" line. If he goes to TNA and says "WWE fucked me over", then WWE wrote him out as a pansy. If it's resolved and he comes back in a few months, they have the readymade angle where with Barrett/NXT.

Also, I'm warning you now. You don't wanna see the end of RAW and where the NXT angle goes next. Let's just say that the WWE writers have a rule: When in doubt, throw Bret Hart and attempted vehicular manslaughter into the story. I also feel like watching slow-as-molasses Mark Henry and Santino chase the NXT guys off into the night sort of diminished their threatening image.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undertaker "vegetative state" storyline outcome revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jol1ArX_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmy_lCN2KpQ
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with WWE's firing of Danielson over his devilish act of choking a defenseless man.

Now, had the target been a stroke victim who he loaded into limo before viciously crashing it into a bunch of parked vehicles, that would be OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: