VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ultimate World Wrestling Entertainmentİ Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nash put over Hulk Hogan as the 'ultimate worker' dating back to WCW 'watching how he manipulated that company.' Nash said it's a shoot, brother. He said when he was 'booking the show,' Hogan shot down ideas because it would cost him money. Nash said he wanted Hogan to play a commissioner role, but Hogan shot it down. He said Hogan had 'creative control' and he would turn down Nash's format sheets 30 minutes before Nitro."

Multiple choice time.

The preceding development played out

(a) in a radio/Internet interview.
(b) on a WCW retrospective DVD.
(c) during a private conversation between Nash and a family member.
(d) on a 2010 taped episode of TNA Reaction, seen by millions of viewers who watched the previous Impact.

Having seen the feud's continuation on this week's Impact, during the Samoa Joe-Pope match, what would you say was the crowd's reaction to the ongoing conflict?

(a) It was completely silent during the whole ordeal.
(b) It reacted with total apathy.
(c) It was absolutely stone-faced and showed no emotion.
(d) The same reaction it has for anything involving the trio of Sting, Jarrett and Nash.
(e) Wait - did you say "crowd's" or "Dixie Carter's"?

You have 48 hours to answer. If not, you have another 48, then another.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why is MrPerfectn mentioning a minor league organization in a WWE thread?! The guy probably likes books and Star Wars!"

HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The man is a nerd and a loser! So say I, a guy who watches men in their underpants pretend to hit each other, while I laugh heartily at unfunny things to fill uncomfortable silences and say whatever words a voice tells me to say."
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Cole, the WWF had a team called "T&A," so there.

Say--you don't think the same guy was behind the branding of both it items, do you?

Personally, I think it's a bunch of crazy talk. I mean, no man could be so utterly dense or incognizant enough to try that twice.
Harb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow will be the last airing of NXT season 3 on SyFy. Share your memories here.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harb wrote:
Tomorrow will be the last airing of NXT season 3 on SyFy. Share your memories here.

Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday Night RAW Highlights, September 27, 2010:

1. Edge arguing with an invisible someone who sounded like Pokey (or Michael Cole with voice modulation). "We've gone from Stone Cold stunning Mr. McMahon to Edge arguing with a computer." Yeah, Edge, things have gone downhill in the last decade. The really sad thing is that you arguing with a computer has been one of the more entertaining things on RAW in recent months. Can't wait for Edge vs. Dell laptop at Survivor Series.

2. Surprising plug for Mick Foley's new TNA-themed book without any insult attached or "You know, Randy Orton and Edge beat the crap out of that guy" mentions.

3. Sheamus demonstrating what a despicable jerk he is with a heinous attack on The Great Khali where he threw COMFY SWIVEL CHAIRS at the man.

4. Chris Jericho re-living the list of 1,004 holds with his list of names he's defeated: "Villanos 1 through 4, Kevin Nash, Diesel, Scott Hall, Razor Ramon".

5. The fan with the "HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE" sign.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You are watching the lowest-rated RAWs since the fall of 1997, when the product was actually good and ratings were on the way up in the war with WCW!"

Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now all you doubters can eat crow as WWE ratings soar on the back of the "Cena Joins Nexus" angle. It's going to be the most episodic, riveting, action-oriented, logically presented storytelling since that time HBK was forced to work for Bradshaw.

It's going to produce so many new stars that your sparkly nighttime skyline will be lit only with envy. Unless you live in China, where it'll instead be foggy, perceptually murky, lacking any in the way of transparency, overly cluttered with aging, toxic debris, and its substance paper-thin. Or as it's otherwise known: TNA.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was very sweet of Nexus to let John Cena wear a teeny little "N" armband instead of making him put on an "N" shirt. They let him wear his nice purple "NEVER GIVE UP" Cena shirt for two hours. And I'm sure that http://www.WWEShop.co... er, John appreciated it.
Harb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work with Daniel Bryan last night. First they have him get a submission from their fastest rising star on Sunday, then give him the jobber entrance and a complete beatdown on Monday. He couldn't have possibly looked more weak.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harb wrote:
Great work with Daniel Bryan last night. First they have him get a submission from their fastest rising star on Sunday, then give him the jobber entrance and a complete beatdown on Monday. He couldn't have possibly looked more weak.

In their defense, the guy's a nerd!! It seems like part of a larger problem where the WWE roster is essentially: main event guys and also a bunch of other people (mostly comic relief). Back in the '80s or '90s, if you were tag champs or IC champ, you were a big deal. Now it's like Randy Orton can run around RKOing the tag champs and the IC/U.S. champ can get completely squashed by the top guys. Bret Hart would never have gotten the shit kicked out of him in 30 seconds by The Undertaker during his first IC title run.

It's hard to pat WWE on the back for "building new stars" when all of us know that if Batista & HBK hadn't retired and if HHH and UT weren't missing tons of time due to being broken-down, we'd still be seeing the same old shit. My main problem with RAW these days is that wrestling on TV used to feel like wrestling events that just happened to be televised. Now it feels like a well-produced TV show that just happens to have some wrestling on it. Someone wake me when Cena finally yells "you have no power over me.." and Wade Barrett drops his crystal ball and falls through the sky with the Davie-Bowie-from-Labyrinth outfit on.

Anyway, the highlight of RAW was when they cut away to a distraught adult woman wearing a Cena shirt, and she looked heartbroken as she mouthed the words "never give up".
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part about Sheamus beating the shit out of DanBri Brieldans in 30 seconds? It's Sheamus in the battle royal an hour later, where he had to strain and struggle REALLY HARD to try (and fail) to manhandle guys like Zack Rider and Tyson Kidd over the top rope.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't Sheamus have been the odds-on favorite to win that battle royal? Not once did Michael Cole bring up that crucial battle royal that Sheamus won last year. It was the 21st most significant match in WWE history!
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheamus has never been in a real battle royal.

I'm talkin' 'bout the kinds with BARRY HOROWITZ, HAVA NAGILA and DANCING UNDERTAKERS.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Torch:
Quote:
The Bella Twins then came out to find a guest bellringer. They asked who is the current WWE champion. The first kid said Sheamus. The second kid said John Cena. The third kid finally got it right with Randy Orton.

Yep. That just about sums up current-day WWE.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only two correct answers are "Triple H" and "at the moment, not Triple H."
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the question is this: :::Johnny Cochran voice::: Why we even havin' a WWE thread? It just don't matter.

Tonight, TNA is going to change forever.
Team 3D is going to change tag-team wrestling forever.
Impact is going to change forever.
The wrestling business is going to change forever.
The rabbit is going to change forever.
Forever's going to change the bucket.
The bucket's going to change the rabbit.

WWEat your enlarged heart out.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that right after John Cena hits two leaping shoulderblocks, his opponents always try to punch him, swing and miss and Cena hits that belly-to-back side slam of his. It's even more amazing when The Miz, who always punches left-handed, decides that after being hit with two leaping shoulderblocks, he's gonna mix it up and try to punch Cena with his RIGHT hand - only to miss and fall victim to Cena's slam.

Also: "Justin Bieber! He's a rap singer, you fool!" -- Michael Cole

(Overall, RAW was actually not that bad and much better than usual this week, though.)
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw was all right. If they'd only let John Cena make his gritty tormented face for just another 15 minutes, it would have been perfect. Mmm. So close.

Here, John Cena explains to Cenation why he can't, why he mustn't fight back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatt Hardy is booted by WWE. Hopefully he has a lot of grapes to hold him over until TNA picks him up.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluB1vPgH4U

Fast forward to 30 seconds in. Cena totally ripped this guy off.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaneRobot wrote:
Fatt Hardy is booted by WWE. Hopefully he has a lot of grapes to hold him over until TNA picks him up.

THE GRAPE WILL NOW BECOME A SYMBOL.

He has plenty of sour grapes, I'm sure.

Can't wait for his TNA debut as The Devilish Cherub. Seriously speaking, I think it's about 5 years too late to make any real money or get people excited about anything involving Matt Hardy. I guess a Hardy Boyz reunion or Matt feuding with Jeff (A-GANE) would excite some people, but not me.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what will become of Pat, Nat, Rat and Fat Hardy?

Maybe they can join together in TNA as a sub-faction of Hogan's not-NWO stable. They'd stand proud as only the 15th group in company history that can only introduce itself with "And you know who we are!" and other such allusions because the company doesn't own the rights to the group it's re-forming or the gimmick it's re-introducing.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE owns "Hardy Boyz" with the Z, so that's out (or owt). And they can't do "Hardy Boys" because the Franklin W. Dixon estate will come after them like the hounds of hell.

I propose "The Hardy Boise." They can even throw potatoes into the crowd.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With WWE's PG-ness these days, maybe we can get some midgets in as the Hardly Boyz.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hardee's legal team will be watching with bated breath.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 Ways To Stand Up For WWE

1. Go through your videotapes and DVDs, white out the name Chris Benoit and write Senator McMahon in its place.

2. Try to repress any memories you have of the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, Lance Cade, Bam Bam Bigelow, Yokozuna, Luna Vachon, Miss Elizabeth, Sherri Martel, Dino Bravo, Umaga, Brian Pillman, Earthquake, The Big Boss .. you know what, this is gonna take all day. Simply come to WWE Headquarters and take advantage of our free frontal lobotomy program.

3. Show your friends and family footage from RAW of a painted-blue midget in a viking helmet grunting, sounding like he's masturbating and proudly tell them that you watch this show every week. Ignore their laughter and finger-pointing. They're just being holier-than-thou elitists.

4. Don't buy any UFC PPVs. Ever. Brock who? Buy WWE PPVs every month, even when they feature the same matches and "comedy" segments you can see on the weekly shows.

5. Make your Facebook status "Hustle Loyalty Respect". When someone asks you about it, tell them that it's John Cena's catch phrase. When they say, "Who is John Cena", tell them he is a WWE superstar and an actor in WWE Films such as 12 Rounds, The Marine and Legendary. Do not let them leave your presence until they have used their credit card to purchase one of these films online along with a John Cena t-shirt from WWESHOPZONE.COM. Threaten them with violence or blackmail, if you have to.

6. Write to your local newspaper and hope that you can become an embarrassing internet meme like the "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT" guy.

7. Share your favorite WWE stories on Facebook and Twitter. Your favorite WWE stories involve Sheamus, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kane and The Undertaker. No, don't talk about Mick Foley or Hulk Hogan or ... nope, your favorite memory is probably when Cena pinned Sheamus on RAW! Stop kidding yourself!

8. Get an "I STAND UP FOR WWE!" tattoo. This helps us identify the dumbest people in crowds.

9. Do not throw water at Linda McMahon NO SHE IS NOT A ROBOT! JUST DON'T THROW WATER AT HER OKAY GOOD LORD I'M SERIOUS

10. Hide your painkillers, hide your steroids, hide your coke 'cause they Wellness Policyin' eerybody up here.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without hyperbole, I can safely say this might be the worst match I ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlUjzaFtJI

Not sure what my favorite part is. Maybe the botched, painful-looking inverted atomic drop that almost became a spinebuster...followed by repeating the spot with an inverted atomic drop that clearly doesn't connect...followed by Maxine walking face-first into the top rope and SELLING it as if the top rope hit her, followed by what was probably supposed to be a sequence where they knocked Vickie off of the apron, followed by the worst small package in wrestling history, followed by the finish being the worst sunset flip in wrestling history (complete with Josh Matthews' "Oh my lord".) Either all that or the awkward pauses in between where they were holding each other and remembering (or forgetting) what to do next.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But let's first put to rest the rumors that WWE's "Stand Up" campaign has anything to do with Linda's Senate bid.

It's a complete stretch, right up there with suggesting that the company is pissing away the chance to lure in new customers with high-potential episodic storylines--each conceivably creating a handful of new stars to exploit in many ways--in favor of forever milking the merchandise sales of a single guy during a period of increasing decline.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to explore the horrific underground caves of humanity or just laugh at idiots, type "standing up for wwe" in YouTube's search engine.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always stand up for WWE.

It's required for the proceeding act of exiting the room to avoid watching another of its self-promotional pieces.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stood up for WWE once. And everyone started yelling, "Sit down, dick!" To be fair, I was blocking their view of Garrison Cade.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
I stood up for WWE once. And everyone started yelling, "Sit down, dick!" To be fair, I was blocking their view of Garrison Cade.

You should go to a WWE show now. It's family-friendly and PG now, so the worst thing anyone can yell at you is "Sit down, sir!" in a somewhat sassy manner.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember what it was like to be 12 (it's been a long year, really), but I can't imagine that a pre-adolescent me would have seen anything in current-form John Cena.

As a Curt Hennig/Ted Dibiase acolyte, I probably wouldn't have seen the appeal of a painfully unfunny, monotone neo-hipster who dresses like an anti-authority figure but spends every moment of air time engaging in some of the most blatant forms of corporate-shillery ever seen. I would rather he be Earthquake-splashed 30 times per show.

Maybe it's just me.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Perfect wrote:
I don't remember what it was like to be 12 (it's been a long year, really), but I can't imagine that a pre-adolescent me would have seen anything in current-form John Cena.

As a Curt Hennig/Ted Dibiase acolyte, I probably wouldn't have seen the appeal of a painfully unfunny, monotone neo-hipster who dresses like an anti-authority figure but spends every moment of air time engaging in some of the most blatant forms of corporate-shillery ever seen. I would rather he be Earthquake-splashed 30 times per show.

Cena dresses and acts more like some dork in the Bigger Brother program than any anti-authority figure or hipster I've ever seen. "Hey Carlos, today I'm takin' you to Knott's Berry Farm. We can even listen to Will Smith on the way there! I love the hip-hop! Oh, pancakes and biscuits!! My ex-wife's calling, I'll be right back. Just stay right here and if any strangers come up to you, you tell 'em to go away and if they make fun of you - you hold your HEAD HIGH AND NEVER GIVE UP!"

But I'm with you 100% otherwise. Maybe it's just me, but whenever I visit wrestling sites these days, there's such a weird justification for what WWE does. "Well, the kids love it. He sells merchandise. The casuals and the kids don't understand workrate. You guys have to understand that WWE can't promote to the smart mark crowd." That's all such bullshit. I didn't know anything about workrate or Dave Meltzer when I was a kid, but I liked the Bulldogs because they did "cool moves". I accepted Hogan as being the guy, but he was never one of my favorites and I loved tons of bad guys because they either had entertaining matches, interviews or just seemed "cool". I loved Rude, Dibiase, the Hart Foundation, Perfect and Savage whether he was insanely evil or insanely good. They go on and on about appealing to kids, but the big reason kids are drawn to wrestling in the first place is because it seems like something for adults.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest chants from the Bragging Rights pay-per-view:

"DAN-IEL! BRY-AN!" (clap clap clapclapclap)
"FI-RE CE-NA!" (clap clap clapclapclap)
"C! M! PUNK! C! M! PUNK!"
"WE WANT BLOOD! WE WANT BLOOD!"

Obviously, this was just one of those smarky, "bizarro" crowds. So we should just ignore them and look forward to a year of PG entertainment and main events featuring John Cena and Randy Orton.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smackdown plug: Undertaker has been buried alive and his soul has been taken. Kane condemns Taker to darkness with his funeral this Friday.

Next week: Pee Wee Herman guest stars on Raw."

Only on Monday Right Raw.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone from WWE Creative has taken one too many unprotected Chairy shots.
Harb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to something like 14 live events from 2008-2010, but now I'm as tempted as I've ever been to quit watching altogether. No matter how bad an episode is, the one bright spot in the program for me is Melina, and last night she got the "jobber entrance" followed by a 30 second loss to Mrs. Undertaker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 4 of 58

Jump to: