VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who reads EGM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Who reads EGM? Reply with quote

I'm trying to help a person identify the volume of EGM in which this poster appeared. If you have any information, please let us know.

And if you're lucky enough to be the first one to respond, you'll be the second person to post in this thread.
Patraw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a number of old issues of EGM, but none with that particular poster, sorry. I must be missing that issue.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all the EGMs back then and I don't remember any poster of the game.
Patraw

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe said Castlevania poster was a newsstand version only bonus? I remember reading in the letters section of Gamepro one time that a guy was complaining that the newsstand version of the magazine had a cool poster of Sheeva from MK3 in it, yet he didn't get it with his subscription version. Gamepro responded that they often put extra stuff in the newsstand edition to get people to buy it, their argument being that the subscriber pays significantly less for the magazine than buying it off the rack (which is true). I have noticed that sometimes newsstand mags have extras packed in with them, so it's a possibility. However, that said, my memories of EGM seem to be that the (older) posters were glued/stapled into the mag and had actual magazine pages on the non-poster side. Later issues of EGM did have the posters "loose" separate elements, but, at the time Castlevania 64 came out, I believe they were still physically incorporated into the magazine, although I may be wrong.
LuxKiller65

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember which issue of which magazine this poster came with (definitely a US magazine), but I've seen the same thing as one-page ad in more than one gaming magazine.
Patraw

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I remember seeing the ad itself in various game mags at the time too. One of the better US Castlevania ads in my opinion--it definitely grabs your attention.
LuxKiller65

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a flash and I thought the guy from the Castlevania ad looks "kind of" like the guy from the Japanese Turok 2 ad, and the style is the same too... can anyone reload the picture from the first post (seems to be gone)? I'd like to verify if possible.

Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did an image search and found it (a much smaller version of it) on the Castlevania Wiki site:

It's probably the one from this board, since a lot of Wiki material comes from my site.
LuxKiller65

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can't find a bigger version, damn. Thanks for the thumbnail, doesn't look like the same guy but the style of the ad is definitely the same: big zoom of the guy in broken clothes and stupid facial makeup like there's been a battle, small text on the pic and logo of the game at the bottom. Same year too (end 1998 - 1999).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: