VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Subscribe to This Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Subscribe to This Thread Reply with quote

What magazines/comic books do you guys subscribe to?

I like the superhero world but for some reason I've never paid close attention to superhero comics. Maybe because, with comics, you always have to read from issue one to get all the details, and most of the main Marvel and DC comics go back like thirty years...

I subscribe to the following:
-Shonen Jump (followed it since issue one, though I missed out on like six issues somewhere in the middle)
-Mad Magazine (no need to catch up! it's topical)
-Sonic the Hedgehog (I'm catching up with the tpbs)
-Sonic Universe (very new series - I've been following since issue one...last year)

I'm also into:
-Tales from the Crypt, though it's on hiatus right now and won't continue if there aren't enough sales. If anyone out there likes TftC, buy! Buy! Buy!
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, though I just got into them and the only series going on right now, Tales of the TMNT, is about to end. Sad So I'm pretty much just watching the 2003 cartoon series on Youtube.
-Avatar, the movie, which I'm sure they'll make into a comic. There are already action figures and books and if there isn't a comic after the first movie, James Cameron said there'd be a sequel if the movie did well and, since it's done pretty darn well at the box office, I expect a comic book series at least by the next movie's wave of merchandise.

List! Explain! Discuss! Exeunt...
Tachikoma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comics, mostly because there is nowhere near where I live to buy them.

Magazines,

Neo (anime and maga)
Retro Gamer (self explaining)
Museum Journal (industry mag)
Lashen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For gaming I used to subscribe to GamePro but it became around 90% ad-ridden. I haven't moved to anything else though because I tend to play older games and not much else. This is also what happened to my comic subscriptions. I mostly favor X-Men (and related) comics, but I am still stuck in the '90s and I can't get into the newer series'.

As of right now the only thing I still receive in the mail is KungFu Tai Chi Magazine but it's slowly become more extreme (?) to fit the UFC fans. It still has some decent articles though.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to read what other people read!

For those of you interested in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dan from the official Mirage Publishing website ( http://www.miragelicensing.com/ ) posted this yesterday:

"Howdy folks,

We've gotten some more copies of "TMNT Collected Book Volume One" in - you can order it here [link: http://www.miragelicensing.com/paypal/colvol12009.html ]. Since this book has been selling for crazy money on eBay, we are not offering any discounts on multiple copies.

Now that Mirage is in its "ramping down" phase, Katie (our entire shipping department) is only working on Tuesdays and Wednesdays - so anything ordered from the site will be shipped on those days.

Cheers!
Dan
"

"TMNT Collected Book Volume One" includes issues #1-11 of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic plus Raphael #1, Donatello #1, Leonardo #1, Michelangelo #1 and The Fugitoid #1. If interested, you'd better buy fast! Some slimeballs will probably be buying in big quantities so they can sell them for more dough when this set becomes scarce again.
E-Bob: Die for Avengance!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm only subscribed to nintendo power but i got the edge card from gamestop and also have an subscription to Game Informer for a year or whatever.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the official TMNT website:

"Some extremely bad news today - we just found out that the vast majority of extra copies of "TMNT Collected Book Volume One" that the printer told us they had in their warehouse don't actually exist - thus we're going to have to send out refunds to most of you that ordered the book from this site over the past few weeks.

We sincerely apologize for this. I know that doesn't make amends - but sadly that's all we can offer.

In hindsight, we definitely shouldn't have been selling the books until we had them on hand, but unfortunately we thought the information that we got from the printer was correct, which it sadly was not. We were excited when they told us they still had copies in storage because we knew many of you were looking for the book, so we wanted to do something that would make people happy. Woefully our enthusiasm to create some goodwill has only exasperated the problem.

As it tragically turns out, our rep from the printer was using a warehouse inventory sheet that hadn't been updated since August - thus when the shipment arrived yesterday, it only contained a handful of copies of the book, not even 3% of what we were quoted. Again - our sincere apologies to everyone who ordered a copy and won't be receiving it. Katie will be sending refunds via Paypal.
"

If you ordered the first couple of days after Dan put the link up to buy TMNT Collected Book Volume One, you should be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: