VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Trevor and Sypha married...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: If Trevor and Sypha married... Reply with quote

Wouldn't that merge the Belmont and Belnades family lines? How could they be separate all the way through to Julius and Yoko? I mean, if Yoko descends from a brother of Sypha or something, Julius still descends from a Belmont and a Belnades. So he's both.

Why did Konami have to go Hollywood and marry off the main male protagonist to the main female protagonist!? Trevor and Sypha didn't go down in history as having married each other until recently, as I recall.

Wool Knit
ReikoSama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that. As I recall, Trevor and Sypha watched Dracula's castle fall, but there was no future indication that they married. Not until IGA took over. I've always thought about Yoko and Julius, and how they are technically related. The same thing goes for Jonathan and Charlotte as both are relatives of the Belmont and Belnades family, so it makes me cringe when fans pair them up in fanfiction, since that basically screams incest. Seriously, it doesn't make any sense, and that's pretty much one reason why I don't consider their marriage canon at all. The relationships between their descendants totally contradict with each other. All in all, I guess you could say I have my own version of the timeline, if not, no timeline at all.
Lashen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juste seems to be the Belmont most gifted with magical power which attributed to the famous Item Crash. The specifications certainly were never explained well enough and it all seems mildly unnecessary.
HaZeGuArD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Also, here is my theory Reply with quote

In Castlevania Legends, Sonia have a child with Alucard... OK
But if that kid is a Belmont (In that case, "Trevor") Why he can hold the vampire killer?
If his father is Alucard, the he at least is 1/4 vampire!
So, in Castlevania Resurrection (cancelled, you know) Appears Victor Belmont, that seems to be brother, cousin, or something like that of Sonia.

What if Sonia's kid is not in the story, and instead, Trevor is Victor's son?

However, this is only a suggestion.
Sorry my bad english
HaZeGuArD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for my double post, but I forget something.
The Vampire Killer can destroy holy creatures, so if Trevor is 1/4 Vampire but he's a "good boy" even that affects?

Another question:
Can I kill God with that whip to became the "Light Lord"? Twisted Evil
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of little plot details like that. I think if they spaced their games out more evenly they'd have a consistent and structured story like with the Metroid series. Right now the story is cluttered like Mega Man. I'd also like to think the gameplay'd be more thought-out and original if Konami took their time on it.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of thoughts:

- "Trevor as the son of Alucard and Sonia," though surely intended by the developers at the defunct KCEN, is in question due to Igarashi's striking it from the canon. Even then, I keep it where it is on my story page with the knowledge that the series' directorship isn't solid and the next guy in line could just as well reinstate Legends or decide to dismiss a whole set of other games.

I don't want to be making massive changes to the site every time a new director is named, so I leave the story section as is and let the reader decide whether an individual story fits in or not.

- I couldn't guess as to the biology and genetics behind the reproduction between a dhampir and a human woman. Speaking creatively, I could only say that any vampire gene would by that point be diluted down to merely something metaphysical.

I mean, what's 1/4 of a vampire? Would a person of such chemical composition even realize the existence of such a trait, which could only manifest, at worst, as competitive bloodlust (which would explain the Belmonts' bravery and at the same time their aptitude for being influenced by Dracula's magic [as was Soleiyu] and the likes of Shaft)?

- Did I get many a 100% on tests I didn't actually study for by writing 12 straight pages of pure psychobabbalicious but highly convincing gaga, as seen above? You betcha.
somacruz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really old ancestors, many years between every generation so they can easily go separated as u can find someone else with the same lastname, just maybe this one could preserve the name but remember something, it couldn't be excatly from the family of Sipha since their lineage should transmit the Belmont name

Maybe a brother of Sypha or someone else of her clan, btw in the story proposed by Warren Ellis, Sypha is part of a big clan of elemental controlers
HaZeGuArD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, is true, but my theory is only that, a simple theory.
Konami is changing (or adding new info) of the game, and I'm wrong until Konami confirm that Rolling Eyes
Ultimecia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castlevania Legends was removed from cannon, and Resurrection wasn't released so it's also not part of the official storyline, like Mister Perfect said.

I can think of only a simple explanation: back during the eras the Castlevania games are usually set (except for, of course, Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow games), families used to have many children. A woman used to bear from 3 to 12 or even more children. Sometimes not all of them reached adulthood, mind you.
But if you think "Ma and Pa Belnades" had at least two children, Sypha and a male son, otherwise by tradition the Belnades name would be dropped. Not to mention the cousins from her father's side. It's the most logical conclusion I have.
It's not mentioned if the Belnades was a traditional family of sorcerers/magician/witches/whatever by then, and we know Trevor was the very first famous Belmont, so it really didn't matter which namesake the children would have, so it's natural they go by Belmont.

Also, after a while when there's no one using the Belmont name (like in Order of Ecclesia , N64/Curse of Darkness and Circle of the Moon) I think that it wouldn't be hard to change the name back to the old family name.

About the Vampire Killer questions:
1- Trevor isn't 1/4 vampire because Sonia+Alucard was removed from cannon (even so if I think it's reasonable), and if he was he got training by the Church and everything, so he isn't just a fetish guy (c'mon, leather clothing, whip...) , he got trained to this very moment.
2- LoL, kill yerself and be tah most awesome an hero ever (j/k)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I mean, if Yoko descends from a brother of Sypha or something...

Quote:
Maybe a brother of Sypha or someone else of her clan

Quote:
But if you think "Ma and Pa Belnades" had at least two children, Sypha and a male son, otherwise by tradition the Belnades name would be dropped. Not to mention the cousins from her father's side. It's the most logical conclusion I have.

I, too, thought about cousins on the father's side. That and the mysterious brother of Sypha seem to be the two best explanations.

Study your biology before you go making these threads! Ah, but it got so much else out of the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: