VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for SotN experts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Question for SotN experts Reply with quote

Someone sent me a video plus screenshots of Alucard walking into spikes and regaining energy as a result:

The e-mailer says that he gained possession of an "Unnamed Item," placed in the "Ring" category of weapons, by defeating the Karasuman boss in a certain way (by wailing on it with Alucard's bare hands or a small knife until "an attackable glowing orb appears over its head, as in the case with Shaft"). This item, when equipped, allows for the aforementioned HP gain.

Does anyone know what this item is? The e-mailer says it can't be found in the game's code and might be a programming leftover found only in an early version of the game. (Whatever it is, I'm guessing that it's working in conjunction with the Bloodstone to cause the HP-regaining effect.)
Lashen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the second image is what he has equipped then that would rule out the Bloodstone. It might just work on its own or with the Talisman there. I never got the Talisman to do anything for me anyway. Just by going on the theme of things, all of the circlets seem to be the items that gain HP via certain damage and it doesn't look like one.

The items he has equipped are Vorpal Blade, Mourneblade, Wizard Hat, Walk Armor, Joseph's Cloak, Talisman and questioned Spike-Happy Item.

Those are some pretty crazy defense stats. I heard there was a Walk Armor glitch, but I don't know anything about it.

I'd try it out but I'm unsure as to how early of a version it needs to be.
I do own a black-labeled PSX copy. I assume this is in the Saturn version though.
Patraw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's an elaborate hoax?
Lashen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you take notice of how much HP he currently has and how much he is gaining from spike damage, he would have started with 0 HP unless he just happened to have 15 HP when he equipped the mystery item.

To be honest I am having really strong Déjà vu with this image. I think this is a really old joke I might have seen at one point.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's a joke, I don't why anyone would go to so much trouble. In other words:

I DON'T GEEEEEEHD EHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Patraw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it'd be a lot of trouble to go to if it was a joke, what with making a video and everything, but some people have a LOT of time on their hands. Razz
ryumishima44

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cheat for unlock some weird items?

It looks like game genie/game shark stuff
Ultimecia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Spiker Breaker armor or a shot taken right after turning back from bat/mist right before the hurting animation starts, most likely bat. And, of course, image editing.

The only way to stand on spikes is using the spike breaker, but it would, naturally, destroy the spikes. I tried to use gameshark in one of my playthroughs years ago and you still get the damage animation if you get infinite energy and everything (which, by the way, the energy bar dismiss)

If we take the energy bar as true, then the amount of damage he takes is the same he loses, so he would keep the energy at 15. But then we would see the damage numbers and the animation.

So, unless it is a dumped discarded item (which I doubt, I also checked many of them with gameshark and almost all of them cashed the game), it's pretty much fake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lashen wrote:
Well if you take notice of how much HP he currently has and how much he is gaining from spike damage, he would have started with 0 HP unless he just happened to have 15 HP when he equipped the mystery item.

To be honest I am having really strong Déjà vu with this image. I think this is a really old joke I might have seen at one point.

It's true... photoshop make miracles...
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a question for PS3 owners:

This article claims that Castlevania Chronicles is available for download on PSN, yet Gamefaqs doesn't list it as such. Can anyone confirm it as a download title?
Lashen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can download Castlevania Chronicles off of the PlayStation Network. In fact, I was playing it last night. I live in the United States and downloaded it well over a year ago.

You can also download Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, with the latter only capable of being played on the PlayStation Portable. As with all other games that fall under the category of "PSOne Classics," you can play Castlevania Chronicles on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a date on the Dracula X Chronicles digital release? I've searched every related site and can't come up with one. I'd guess 2008.
Jack Pauro Colombia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X Chronicles download version in Japan,

November 1, 2009. 2300YEN
http://www.konami.jp/products/dracula_psp_best/

July 15, 2010. 1800YEN
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0101npjh50028_000000000000000000.html

I do not know other countries.
Lashen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wern't many games available for download on the PlayStation Network for the longest time; a little over a year ago a flood of games came in. Anyway, I'm on the PlayStation Network right now...

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 07/18/2007

Castlevania Chronicles - 12/17/2008

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - 12/09/2009

Again, I live in the United States.

I couldn't find a date on the demo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. However, I'm certain it was first available for download on the PlayStation Network as the same day the actual game was released in stores (because I couldn't find the demo the day before).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: