VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaming Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - I've made my way through the Adventure Mode The Subspace Emissary and enjoyed it a lot, especially The Great Maze. I still need to go back and get the last three characters, but there's always time for that later. I want all the characters unlocked by the time Christmas comes around and my family and I are all gathered together just needing something for everyone to do.

My favorite characters to play as are Meta Knight, Pit, Marth, Snake, Samus, and Lucario (generally in that order).
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tales (Game Boy) - Somehow I beat this game in middle school - I can't remember how. I've been playing it for a week on Normal difficulty, and it's pretty hard. The stages (particularly the jumps) are the hardest part, while the bosses are pretty easy. It certainly helped that I still remember most of the game's secrets and level layouts. It was fun altogether, which made playing it over again and failing less of a drag.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel X: The Ultimate Power (Nintendo DS) - It's basically Web of Shadows with the Spider-Man universe replaced with that of James Patterson's Daniel X series. Is that a bad thing? Not entirely. I can't give it a perfect rating since it doesn't do too much new. Rolling around as a soccer ball is quite fun, though oddly similar to going into Morph Ball mode as Samus Aran...

Now I'm just waiting on the DS version of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. It looks to be more of a departure from Web of Shadows's formula than Daniel X. Also, I hope Neil Patrick Harris does voice work for it. He did voice tracks for Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and the console versions of the game, and I remember the DS version of Web of Shadows having spoken audio, so it's definitely a possibility.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Franken (1992) - This one was enjoyable at times, but held back by confusing level maps and lack of given objectives. Playing as a Frankenstein monster is fun, and the whole premise - Franky entering a castle to recover his girlfriend's body parts and put her back together - is a real nice twist on Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. Though if this confuses me, I'm not looking forward to playing Milon's Secret Castle...
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually beat this one about a month ago, but since all the recent posts on this thread have been by me, I decided I'd play a few games and then post them all at once. Well, since it seems I'm not in a video game-playing phase at the moment, I might as well post this one until my next big spurt.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Nintendo DS) - Playing as Spider-Men from different universes is really cool. The Metroid-style exploration is a lot of fun, though I wish the warp points from dimension to dimension were less obstructive and allowed the player to move more freely around the game's map. I beat it in a day, not including challenges and alternate modes, but I wasn't too disappointed with the length as it was quality while it lasted. I think this is my favorite 2.5D platform game by Griptonite yet.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I should check in since I now have an internet connection. Been a long year...

As far as my gaming goes, I've been button mashing through the X-Men arcade port for XBox 360 Live Arcade. It was basically what I expected it to be: A fairly solid port with online multiplayer. It's not quite the same experience I had 18 years ago on the 6-player cabinet, but I have to thank Konami for finally releasing the port.

I have so many games I've partially played, it's rediculous. Until next time...
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Colors (Nintendo DS) - Best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2! I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought the Advance and Rush series were just average. In this game Dimps takes the mechanics/physics mastery attained from experience with those previous titles to render a spiny smooth experience. The graphics are gorgeous, during the platforming parts as well as the cutscenes. There are lots of subtleties, such as how when Sonic goes underwater the music sounds like it would when submerged! The boss battles are challenging and, most of all, fun. The Wisps really make the gameplay worthwhile, though, as they add a special variety to the platforming sections that was lacking in previous press-right-to-win Sonic 2D speed fests. I haven't played the Wii version, though I intend to at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: