VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaming Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Bob: Die for Avengance!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon Quest IV: Done. about 42 hours. i had to spend about 4 hours levelling up and raping the final boss. 9/10. It's f'inng DQ. If you need the explanation for the score, you need to kill yourself.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: remake of the original! bought it a while ago and let a cousin borrow it. she got to chapter 7 and couldn't get past it. i was stuck on it like 12 times; someone kept dying. But, i beat it too. 8.6/10. Just like every other FE, nice story but it wasn't fleshed out and it makes the later FEs much better in retrospect because the story could have been worse, etc. also, because of arena abuse, money and levels were easy to come by and very awesome. if i gave a damn i'd go back to the WII FE and restart ans arena abuse everyone to the point where i wouldn't be in the pickle i'm in at the end (everyone's too weak to make it past liek 1,001,829,172,817,218 dragons).

Final Fantasy IV- got through the Sealed Cave, got Leviathan and Astra or whatever. trying to leave the underworld so i an get Yang and get Slyph but have not be able to. looking online. natrually, this game is going to get somewhere between a 8.4-9.6/10.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New Age- about 33 hours in. FINALLY AT THE END. this game has many problems which keep it from being awesome but i speak of it as such because it came after the awesomeness of the first tales of symphonia that came on the cube a few years ago. that was a perfect RPG. will probably get a 7.4/10.

there were some other games i've started; got into rygar for the ps2 and lara croft tom raider anniversary for the wii. but didn't get very far. played rygar AFTER getting my hands on devil may cry AND god of war so.... it's nice to know what it was that preceded such epic titles and gameplay. also, I'M THE WORST RAIDER OF TOMBS IN THE HISTORY OF TOMB RAIDING DESPITE ALREADY HAVING THE PERFECT BODY AND NO FATIGUE, INFINITE BULLETS, ETC. i'm horrible at being Lara. sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFIV (DS)- so, managed to get Slyph, Excalibur, the lunar whale, and the moon be tough. got raped quickly.
Birdo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal Legend: finished, done...great game, great soundtrack, great mythology...if you're not a fan of rock'n'roll, heavy metal in all its forms, then steer clear

I also have God of War 3: Special Pandora's Box Edition (I know that's not the name) pre-paid and I'm waiting for it Very Happy

...and we're stopping people from smoking.

What a shame.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was really hoping brutal legend would be awesome. i may pick it up once the price drops to like 10 buck because most people won't appreciate it.

FFIV: did some more stuff. i got some old guy who's level 50. i keep gettig killed when i get attacked by like... 3 sages or something. they all cast firaga an after 2 of them 3 of my guys are dead. damnit.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Chapter 10. Considering it's a Turn Based Strategy, I really like this series. I like the storyline better than Dual Strike, but the gameplay slightly less.

Contra 4 - Finished on Easy and Normal. Trying to finish it on Hard, but I can't seem to find the patience to sit and play it for long. Only completed 4 challenges so far.

Chrono Trigger - It's been roughly 15 years and I'm still playing the same game. Oh well, I just recently hit The End of Time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFIV (DS)- i got through some more story. got a 5th person after some story spoilers. i think i'm right at the very end, not sure will check gamefaqs.com. but i also got bahamut and everyone is mid 60s-73 levelwise. bahamut was such a joke... getting to him was hard. also need to see if there are any awesome augmens left to get; i never really used them, but whatever.
duftz56

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenosaga much easier than xenogears. For me Smile

http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love xenogears.... not as big of a fan for xenosaga. wish i was. maybe then i'd finish it. i also don't know the level situation. i think i'm at the very end, but my chars are like lvl 35 or something. the last place is raping me constantly, or at least it was like 3 years ago.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the first disc of Xenogears was great. Everything felt a bit rushed on the second disc.

Xenosaga Episodes I and II had some issues for me. Episode I was lacking a soundtrack. Episode II's battle mechanics seemed a bit off and it's soundtrack was worse than the first game's.

Xenosaga Episode III is one of my favorite RPGs. They finally put together a decent, lengthy soundtrack. The battle system was fairly solid. The storyline also managed to draw me into the game, something the last two games never really did for me. It's a shame Namco decided to end it there.
Dingo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Extremely enjoyable. I'm not sure how long I've been playing as it just doesn't keep track of time, but it seems to be the usual length you expect from a Zelda game. I'm right at the end and should have it beaten by tomorrow. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good adventure game for the DS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenogears disc too only felt rushed, i think. it was a lot of stuff to take in and it's all happening at once. maybe that is the definition of rushed, lol but i still think it was only a feeling. i paid like 68 bucks for it on ebay. worth every cent. one of the best of all time.
Dingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Finished this off last night. When I first began playing I thought it was going to be very mediocre but I turned out to be pleasantly surprised. All of the dungeons were very enjoyable to play through, and the boss fights were really great.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Bob: Die for Avengance! wrote:
xenogears disc too only felt rushed, i think. it was a lot of stuff to take in and it's all happening at once. maybe that is the definition of rushed, lol but i still think it was only a feeling. i paid like 68 bucks for it on ebay. worth every cent. one of the best of all time.

I meant rushed by the developers. A lot of the disc was scrolling text and cut scenes with a little bit of gameplay in between. But, considering I haven't played the game in 10 years, too much criticism by me would be unfair.

I really wish Square would release the game on PS Network in North America. I wouldn't mind playing this, Saga Frontier and Breath of Fire III again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized is typed too instead of two. great.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good. I know what you meant.

Now I really want to play Xenogears again. It's been too damn long.
Dingo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently been in the mood to play through some Sonic games, so I've started on the originals. So far I've beaten Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2; getting the Chaos Emeralds in both. Sonic 2 is my favorite, but dear Lord are the Special Stages brutal with Tails following. Sonic 1 I've beaten a few times before, but just recently managed to get all the Emeralds.
Lashen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo wrote:
I've recently been in the mood to play through some Sonic games, so I've started on the originals. So far I've beaten Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2; getting the Chaos Emeralds in both. Sonic 2 is my favorite, but dear Lord are the Special Stages brutal with Tails following. Sonic 1 I've beaten a few times before, but just recently managed to get all the Emeralds.

Yeah, in the first Sonic the Hedgehog they do kind of just drop you into a void, screaming for your life when you want an emerald. It was really fun but always had me slightly paranoid.

On a similar note, I decided to pick up Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the Game Boy Advance. I wouldn't recommend this game even if you had no other way to play Sonic the Hedgehog. It is the worst port I have seen in years and I usually don't care about these things. The music is unbearable, the game lags horribly all the way through and the controls are even more slippery than the games made for the Sega Game Gear.

It has an Original Mode and an Anniversary Mode, the only difference being an added spin dash for the latter... which I suppose was the only good thing to come from it all. If you live through the experience you're rewarded with the Juke Box feature, where you may make your ears bleed whenever you so desire. I understand that the sound channels between the Sega Genesis and the Game Boy Advance are very different, but this combined with the rest of the issues convinces me that they wern't even trying when porting this game.

If I had downloaded this game to my computer instead of purchasing it, I'd have assumed that the rom wasn't ripped properly. If you haven't seen this for yourself, I suggest you download one for a quick laugh.

As far as games go for the Game Boy Advance, the three Sonic Advance games are highly enjoyable. If you want to play the classic games on a recent system, purchase one of the collections (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox) or download them to your Nintendo Wii / Xbox 360.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection before I had to get rid of my PS3. Pretty good collection if you do not mind doing without the Sonic and Knuckles lock-on features for Sonic 2 and 3. Otherwise, I would go with the PS2 collection as it seemed to be the best of the three last gen ports.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)

Time - Roughly 12 Hours

I've been borrowing this from a friend at work since October and I'm just now getting around to really playing it. I just got the Master Sword. So far it's turning out to be my favorite Zelda title.
Dingo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokemon HeartGold - Little over 24 hours into this (yep, I'm addicted like I was 10 years ago). I've caught Entei, Raikou, and Ho-oh so far and have beaten the Elite Four. I'm now on the boat sailing to the Kanto region to take on that set of gym leaders. Its a wonderful remake that is really bringing back a ton of great memories.
Lashen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really have to catch up to you. Unfair.

I just got my copy of SoulSilver from Amazon today.
I haven't started yet, but as a rule my lead Pokemon will be Victreebel as usual. We shall duel, when you're not capable of utterly destroying me. ._.

Unless, you know...

Or...

Dingo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD

I haven't tried the PokeWalker yet, but from my understanding all you get from it are some items (usually berries) and some Pokemon (pretty common stuff like Weedle, Magnemite, etc.). I'm training up a Parasect though, so we can pit our favorites together in battle.
duftz56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i just love poke walker! Laughing

coz all of this data is fed back into the DS game

through the IR port

so that the newly fit child can continue his

underground animal fight club. Cool

http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/
Bloodreign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 725 games that I own sitting here with me in my room, I've been picking through the 4 volumes of Taito Memories and playing the various games on it, from Bubble Bobble and it's sequels, to Darius, and everything in between. Including a little gem called Don Doko Don, terrific game from Taito, but damned hard due to how cleverly designed the stages are.
Dingo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beat Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth on Normal difficulty. I had a blast with this game; the music was great and the level design was really fun. The bosses were cool and memorable (the Stone Golem, Death, and Dracula's forms were very enjoyable), and I was extremely happy to play through a new "classic styled" Castlevania. I'll probably give Hard mode a try within the next few days.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lashen wrote:
On a similar note, I decided to pick up Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the Game Boy Advance. I wouldn't recommend this game even if you had no other way to play Sonic the Hedgehog. It is the worst port I have seen in years and I usually don't care about these things. The music is unbearable, the game lags horribly all the way through and the controls are even more slippery than the games made for the Sega Game Gear.

It has an Original Mode and an Anniversary Mode, the only difference being an added spin dash for the latter... which I suppose was the only good thing to come from it all. If you live through the experience you're rewarded with the Juke Box feature, where you may make your ears bleed whenever you so desire. I understand that the sound channels between the Sega Genesis and the Game Boy Advance are very different, but this combined with the rest of the issues convinces me that they wern't even trying when porting this game.

If I had downloaded this game to my computer instead of purchasing it, I'd have assumed that the rom wasn't ripped properly. If you haven't seen this for yourself, I suggest you download one for a quick laugh.

Yeah, I saw the reviews and didn't like what I heard. This one brings up all the most important flaws, though beware the frustration-induced swearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym5MJuuAkWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcUx2zhiYw

Try the new Sonic Classic Collection. It has Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles with the ability to save from each act. The only problem is that the picture is cropped and squished, and there's some slowdown, so if you are fine starting the game from square one each time you put on the system, best to go with one of the console collections.

Lashen

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SqualidPumpkin wrote:
Lashen wrote:

Yeah, I saw the reviews and didn't like what I heard. This one brings up all the most important flaws, though beware the frustration-induced swearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym5MJuuAkWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcUx2zhiYw

Try the new Sonic Classic Collection. It has Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles with the ability to save from each act. The only problem is that the picture is cropped and squished, and there's some slowdown, so if you are fine starting the game from square one each time you put on the system, best to go with one of the console collections.

Yeah, I picked that up too a while ago. It is better, but still pretty annoying in the lag department. I can't bring myself to play it for fun unfortunately. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World- 6/10. yeaaaah. i loved ToS on the Cube, but this one was severely lacking in enjoyment. The battles were kind of fun, the characters were mostly annoying, the sidequests were a huge bore. i didn't bother getting any of them really, and i dn't care. the plot is good at times and it what kept me pushing forward, wanting to know this and this. the monster system was kind of lame too; i just kept using 2 or 3 of them and caught a few. it was stupid and pointless, to be honest. would rather have had 1 or 2 other people. i'm really glad i got it used and for like 20 bucks.
Eroico

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time no see Wink. Been at least a year or more eh since I had last posted!

Edit: Decided to look it up, been longer than I had thought! (Oct 1st 2008)

Let's see now...

Muramasa- The Demon Blade: Bought it the day it came out was anticipating it's release ever since it was first revealed. Really enjoyed it, only glaring issue is the translation way to many scenes where characters continue to speak after the text is finished, you can't help but get the feeling you're missing out. It's like they translated the bare essentials and didn't go as in depth as they could have. Besides the point I still prefer the original Japanese dub to any downright awful english dub that would have been created.

Super Mario Galaxy: Loved it. Every minute of it! Can't wait for the sequel (expansion?) on the 23rd Smile.

WoW: Still playing it... plan to still play into the expansion. Haven't been raiding for several months now just don't have time for it! Especially considering how boring Icecrown Citadel has become. My warrior has done well for himself Wink. Out of boredom I have started up a druid she's level 35 at the moment!

Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks: It was... "decent" there were some enjoyable parts, I especially liked the in game cut-scenes they certainly gave a lot of character to everyone. Using the train at first was neat, but for me it quickly became a nuisance, the "portals" helped some, but it wasn't enough to fix it for me. Again I found this one to be far to easy, maybe it's because I am not as young as I used to be when I played earlier Zelda titles!

Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia: I enjoyed it, for me it wasn't quite up to par as the other titles. This one didn't grab me enough to keep me playing forever, I wound up playing it every now and then until it was completed.

I think that's everything so far. I have been considering picking up Fragile Dreams but am on the fence about it still, maybe someone can convince me? lol. Another one I am certainly looking forward to is Xenoblade it better come out over here! If so it should keep the Xenoblade name, Monado - Beginning of the World doesn't exactly roll off the tongue for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've missed you, eroico.

Final Fantasy IV (DS)- beaten. 9/10. it's a final fantasy. it's awesome. i didn't get many of the augments though. beat the last boss very easily at levels in low to high 80s. i may do the game + like i say i may do with every single game i play but i honestly have about 20 s2 games, 10 cube, 4 ds, and 4 or 5 wii games. i wish i has more wii games to beat... don't know which game to start next... or which one to pick up again and finish.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS)- about 6 hours in. liking it but missions are kind of lame. challenges are annoying.
Lashen

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have much to post in this thread. I often play older games or fighting games so you know, not alot to report on as far as I'm concerned. I did however upload a complete no-damage run of Street Fighter 2010 to my YouTube channel a while back. I haven't seen anyone else upload a run like it, so I thought it would be a good idea.

Prologue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIiIOxv1g8

Planet 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg_ZQYF9po

Planet 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdt_WxOo9Fk

Planet 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqx0HHQQJmE

Planet 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7kdRRBbCRU

Planet 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QsfcKrEbQ

Epilogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UD2l73aR9s

It really is an entertaining game, all Street Fighter plot ties aside. The Angry Video Game Nerd and Spoony didn't seem to quite like it - they did their reviews around the beginning of this year.

The Angry Video Game Nerd Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/60452

The Spoony Experiment Review: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2009/06/25/street-fighter-2010-the-final-fight-review/
Eroico

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Loved it!. *Spoilers* A few minutes ago I just got 120 stars. And here I was thinking that would be the end of it, and there wouldn't be anything too special as a reward. Well holy fuck when I see there is now 2 - 3 "green' stars to get now in each world. I turned the console off for another day.*spoilers*
WoW - My main PC is borked so I am currently using an old one which wasn't used for games, I built it as a simple PC for browsing/general work. I have some parts ordered to get the main one up and running again. I also figured this was a good time to upgrade it as well Wink. Upgrading to a core i7 930, and also bought an Intel X25-M 160GB SSD.

Fragile Dreams - I tried to find a copy after work today but I had no luck. I'm open to suggestions trying to find it.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingdom Heart 358/2 Days (DS)- about 16 hours. still good. a few annoying missions. Desperately want some abilities though. air glide... double jump or high jump... come on.
Ferret

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Chrono Trigger a lot lately on my DS. It's very fun! There is a lot of humor and the characters are entertaining. The music is excellent and it's very interesting to travel in time and observe how certain events shape the outcome in other time periods. Smile
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (GBA) - This has to be my instant favorite Metroidvania besides Symphony of the Night. The levels are creatively designed, requiring specific copy abilities for alternate routes; and branching off in every direction while maintaining a wholeness to them, giving the player lots to explore and various ways of going about doing so. The effort put into this game really shows, the presentation being just as good as any Kirby game - though the gameplay is where it's really all at.
Lashen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SqualidPumpkin wrote:
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (GBA) - This has to be my instant favorite Metroidvania besides Symphony of the Night. The levels are creatively designed, requiring specific copy abilities for alternate routes; and branching off in every direction while maintaining a wholeness to them, giving the player lots to explore and various ways of going about doing so. The effort put into this game really shows, the presentation being just as good as any Kirby game - though the gameplay is where it's really all at.

I absolutely love Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. It's easily my favorite Kirby game. Smile
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I've been playing Kirby games since I was in elementary school, and this is the best one I've experienced. I didn't get into it at first, and became frustrated with the level design... But I picked it up again a half a year later for the sake of reviewing it, and found with just a little discernment it's a very fun ride. Now I look back on my earlier feelings toward it and feel just plain silly.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metroid II: Return of Samus (Game Boy) - I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than the NES original. The fact that you don't have to bring your health bar up from 30 every time you play helps make it easier to pick up and play after turning it off. I also found the Metroid count to be an interesting gameplay dynamic which made the whole experience more unified and fun. Altogether I think Team Metroid improved on the formula from the first, but most importantly they made this installment a bit more fun.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy) - This one's very full of innovation of the Metroidvania formula. It featured a viewable map even before Super Metroid, and switching between characters long before Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Using the different turtles with their unique abilities is fun, and the difficulty keeps things interesting. I really enjoyed Radical Rescue, up until the very end when all of the game's bosses must be defeated one after another, followed by Cyber Shredder. I have yet to make it to the Cyb-ster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: