VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaming Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seabass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Facing The End. Yeah screw paitence, I'm gonna skip seven days and have him die of natural causes ^_^. Next game I'll do it fair and square but for now - ha!
Pretty cool game, though the lack of Radar makes me scream mummy!

Lost Odyssey - It may not offer anything new in terms of gameplay, but the dialouge is fantasic, espically when in the dream squences. Also the characters are decent, espically Jansen, who's fricking epic!

R-Type Tactics - Had this game had a bit more polish, it would have been epic. As it is it's pretty decent but with it's dryness and lack of great story, it can make you feel sleep....zzzzzzzz
Angantyr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinosaur King - threw it away after half an hour. unbearably stoopid. If my kid would enjoy this game, I'd take away its DS and force it to read a book instead. I guess I'll get a few € at ebay for the game, though.

check out my myspace:
Mardukh & the Homesick Fonds Control

From Chosen to Chewzer, to a naught.
E-Bob: Die for Avengance!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

professor layton and the curious village- about 7 hours. man this game is fun and frustrating. i've got 72/75 puzzles so far. the 75 is the max number of puzzles i have found thus far the 72 is the ones completed. i have probably gotten the answers from the internet maybe 8 times but these were times where i would have either spent days on the puzzles or never gotten them. some of them i just can't click with while others are supposed to be hard and i destroy them. story is kool and dialogue is fun sometimes.

tales of phantasia- about 27 hours. went around doing some random things. will get back to story soon... maybe... i've got 2 papers i have to write due in like 2-3 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God of war- fucking owned. ugh. left it alone for weeks after the bullshit and today, i have free time so i decided to give it one mroe go because i knew i had to be basically done with it. so, i conquered the troubled spot easily which pissed me off a little. then i rocked the rest of it easily as well. beat it on normal.

grade: w/o frustration- 94/100. A game. really. deserves an A. fluid battle controls, pick up and play (kind of. took me a couple of hours to minimize damage done to me by mixing up dodging and blocking.) not a hack n slash button masher except for some parts. story is... well... ancient greek so it was kind of gay, predictable. charcters and plot. again, ancient greece so again it was similar to anything that socrates, plato, aristotle, etc wrote. not bad but once you hear the same kind of thign like 1000s of times it gets lame. it was why i couldn't watch 300. gay story. meh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor LLayton and the Curious Village: 10 hours 36 minutes. Done. 116/1?? puzzles. the game is quite rad indeed, young watsons. the game is fun, quirky, funny, and nothing i have played in quite a while. helped stimulate my brain and think in some new ways. there were some puzzles that i could not get, so i used the internets. did so for maybe 10, 20 puzzles tops. characters are funny, story was kind of predictable (at least for me, by about puzzly 70 i kind of saw through a lot of the game's bullshit that would keep a 12 year old guesing as to what it is. still, awesome. i give it a 97/100. yep. A+.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: about 18 hours. i am addicted to getting the quests done, (51/like 300), and getting the loot i need to make new weapons, master abilities, etc. i don't know why. i love that part about the game. as for the non-main quests, i ignore the shit out of the dialogue. but right now, not much different from the last game. some things are unfair like the law system. i want to know how if my character becomes beserk, charmed, etc and i ave no control of him/her, how can it/I be held liable for his/her actions? last time i checked, legal systems required CA-FUCKINGPACITY before one can be charged with a crime. damn Japs.
seabass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Ocean - First Departure [OWNED]
Pretty decent remake of the original SNES game. Could do with having more CG scenes and it's pretty simplistic in terms of what it offers, but it had the Star Ocean small touches that make it fun and it's a good warm up for the remake of Second Story
Rating - 8/10

The Last Remnant: Interesting and very good. The negative's are that it's not a very flashy game, so anyone expecting cool looking moves will be disappointed (with the exception of the "limit break" style moves - they are awesome) and that graphically it's not "Wow" and a bit hiccupy (though that may be due to me installing the game on my hard drive). Saying that, it's pretty fun, the battle scale is very impressive and it's so satisfying when you beat a laod of unions, survive being KO'd and make a comeback or deafeating a rare monster.

Final Fantasy: Remnant Wings
A fun strategy game, but it's a bit shallow and it's feels like a novelty spin-off game.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia [OWNED]
The Castlevania RPG-platforming series is getting back to being as great as Symphony of the Night and Castlevania:OoE is another step in the right direction. Okay it's still a tad "same as before" but it feels more statisfying then Dawn of Sorrow and to a lesser extent, Portrait of Ruin did.

Rating: 8/10
Bloodreign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 23 NES games within the last month and a half, I rarely buy modern titles, but I do love buying the old school games, I have enough systems to collect for after all. Very Happy
Tachikoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Skies of Arcadia Legends again.

I have also found this weird site where I can play a large selection of 8-bit games, and hve now spenta huge amount of time playing them.
seabass

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tachikoma wrote:

I have also found this weird site where I can play a large selection of 8-bit games, and hve now spenta huge amount of time playing them.

Share the wealth bruv...share the wealth
Tachikoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.gbemul.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Owned. the game is incredibly similar to the first one, very little character development, etc. i mean... it isn't anything new. jobs and abilities are kind of lacking. kind of sad. it got me addicted somehow, and i clocked in about 70 hours. law system is still lame...

Score: 6.5/10

Etrian Odyssey: no idea how many hours. it's an oldschool dungeon crawler. i anticipate absolutely no plot or character development besides events that occur inside the dungeon i have to traverse, such as the wolf boss i beat a few game hours ago on floor 5. you start in town, create a party of 5 people with very typicl classes, and then you're on your way. you sell loo that monsters drop, that brings new weapons and items available to be bought, and then you go back to the dungeon to travel down deeper. i am addicted. play it when i get a chance.

Red Steel: Ah, red steel, the wii launch game that gave gamers a glimpse of how awesome the wii concept could have been. THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS. i've played for abut 5 hours. the story is pretty kool but it reminds me of Tom Cruise in te Last Samurai but minus the cool japanese languages and voices. the gameplay is mixed. sometimes the AI i ridiculously stupid and will miss me when I am crouching by their feet. other times, they manage to take me out in 1 or 2 hits before i can even find their location. the swordfighting is lackluster, but hopefully that will be fixed in the next one and for all games when the wiimotion plus comes around. so, this is why the game wil not be beaten by me and as angered me to no end. i just finished a mission that took me about an hour and in order to initiate it i had to speak to a member of the yakuza. after completing it, i am back in the room with the yakuza members. i went to each and every one of them and could not iniate a mission. finally, i got something going and i agreed to the mission. IT WAS THE SAME MOTHER FUCKING MISSION THAT I HAD JUST DID. WHAT THE FUCK. I AM NOT SPENDING ANOTHER HOUR DOING THAT OVER. so i assumed that there must be an option that will let me get out of the mission since i completed it. WRONG. nothing can be done, i am not going through tht shit again. fuck that.

game grade: F. fuck red steel.
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tachikoma wrote:
www.gbemul.com

Sir, your awesome meter just went higher than cake's. I did not think that was possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etrian odyssey- a little over 1/2 way through. everyone's at a pretty high level. taking a break.

Draqon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen- sweet jesus. live can rock on. i'm about 15, 16 hours into it. everyone;s around lvl 19-21. i'm trying to bust ragnar mcryan out of a castle. boss destroyed me so i need to go and level up/sail over to this place that has some wicked weapons/armor and buy those which would give me a supreme advantage.

Okami (Wii)- about 29 hours in. i'm probably 80% done with the game. i am telling you right now this game is going to get like a 99/100. love it.

Beyond Good and Evil- played for about 6 hours. it was my detour from the wii when i had to go ship it to be fixed. very good game though. but now that the wii has returned, it will be left to rot unforunately. at least until i beat okami.
Tachikoma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At home Im' playing Rogue Galaxy, I'm just starting to look for the castles of the ancient kings.

Handheld wise its a cross between the Gradius collection on my PSP and THeme Park on the DS.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mass Effect - I think I'm close to the end of it. Probably my favorite XBox 360 game so far. I didn't like any of the other Bioware games or games using a similar system (Star Wars: KotOR, Jade Empire), so I didn't know what to expect.

Bioshock - Done with it on normal, just working for achievements now. Definitely one of the best first-person shooters I have ever played. The creepy 60's, underwater city setting was great and I was entertained with the genetic enhancements (which grant you various powers like telekinesis and flamethrowing). I, did, however find this game a little too easy and I'm not exactly a master of FPS's (I think I died twice throughout the game on normal setting). Score: 8.5/10

The Orange Box - Complete. I already liked Half-Life 2 and HL2: Episode One, so this was already a must buy for me. What makes it even better was that Portal and HL2: Episode Two are also great games. The HL2 series has one of the better storylines and the gameplay is pretty solid. The AI is pretty intelligent and they throw a little problem solving here and there to keep you thinking. Portal was also great. Never thought being a test subject could be so much fun. I also have to give it credit for its humor. Score: 9/10

seabass wrote:
Lost Odyssey - It may not offer anything new in terms of gameplay, but the dialouge is fantasic, espically when in the dream squences. Also the characters are decent, espically Jansen, who's fricking epic!

I just finished Lost Odyssey (70 hours total) and I agree that it really didn't offer any interesting gameplay elements; I'm just glad they kept it solid and didn't screw up anything. Other than the somewhat slow battles, I was fairly entertained. What kept me playing was that the storyline and some of the characters were great. Overall, I think Mistwalker will really benefit Microsoft someday... I just wish they'd quit working on DS games. Score 8/10

I also have TNA iMPACT!, Saints Row and the horrid Ninja Gaiden II to be commented on, but it will have to wait (about to leave for work).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost done with Okami, but due to schoolings, i have not played in over 3 months. I'm on spring break, but i think a big part of me doesn't want me to finish the game... like all great games, i do not wish to let the experience end...

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAMI- OWNED'D'D'D'D'D'DED.

I shall rate it a 96/100. I find it to be nearly perfect. Took about 40 hours an I feel like I managed to get about 92% of the game complete. The game is really fun, great story and great characters. The only problems i had were that I did not have many battles and I did not use some of the brush techniques very much (especially powered up ones of the ice, lightning, and fire ones). I give it the grade I did for those reasons.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Emblem: Radiant: Okay, so far about 4 hours in, chapter 6 part 2. This game is fucking hard. Like all FEs, but it just seems GAYER than normal. Like, there aren't a lot of good secondary characters to choose from. I remember in the previous installment, Ike had several members that I had confidence in. In this game, without stat boosting items to health and def, i had Micaiach, the heroine die from a single hit about 120 times. Which results in a game over. UGH. As I get farther and farther along, I am forced to rely more on my ridiculously powerful friends from the past.

In any case,the story is pretty good and makes a lot of sense. The Daien empire, after being defeated 3 years ago by Ike and Co., has been subjugated to horrendous Nazi-like measures imposed by Biegnon, Ike's past allies. Typical socio-political result of Beignon empire trying to make Daien into a mere territory by enslaving/ sending men to labor camps, quashing rebellions, civil rights, etc. But WHERE THE FUCK IS IKE?! WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BEIGNON LEADER WHO 3 YEARS AGO WOULDN'T HAVE LET THIS HAPPEN? It's intriguing to see and find out what is going on, but still, something should be said. I've heard nothing. It doesn't make sense in light of the characters in the past. Oh wells.

No More Heroes- borrowed from labedzki. about 45 minutes in. I'm Ranked 10/11th. This game IS ALL STYLE. if style was all that mattered, this would get a 100/100. But, the fighting is kind of lame... story is inconsequential, unlike the last amazing Suda 51 game, Killer 7. The main story is told to you by Travis Touchdown within like 2 minutes and POOF as if by some stylish magic, we have all the pieces that make up an adventure.

Dragon Quest IV(DS)- about 30 hours. Just got all the Zenithian equipment.

Beyond Good and Evil- same as where I was, probably 60% of the game done. 4 hours done, i think.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn- FUCK THIS GAME. Part 4 Prologue, about 5 chapters from finishing. I have had it. The story got really retarded, but I finally got huge amounts of time to play with my awesome characters and friends, Brom, Nephenee, Shinon, Ike, Gatrie, Boyd, Titania, etc., everyone else who is not a part of this game from Path of Radiance. Not only is the story dumb at this point but I cannot fucking handle the suckiness of the main characters. Basically, Sothe was such a beast in the beginning that there was no way to level him up properly. BOOM. He is absolutely useless now. Nolan, my supposed tank, after growing about 38 levels total, HE HAS A DEFENSE OF 11 WHILE I HAVE FUCKING MAGES THAT HAVE MORE DEF.

I'm pretty much stuck in this prologue chapter due to this shitty game. I read online everywhere how awesome this guy was and this guy, but I got fucked with the stat building scheme, which I have never liked. I should be given 3-5 stat points and be allowed to choose where they go. Just because I would spend 2 levels putting it all into Def and HP to make tanks doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed to! But, anyway... i am selling this game back to gamestop. I have only sold like 3 games in my entire life. I don't want this game, at all. I love and miss my cool guys, Ike and Co., but i just can't take this bullshit anymore. In this game more than EVER has it been too much. For fuck's sake, I have a Hit % of 75, my guy will attack twice AND MISS BOTH TIMES WHILE THE GUY HE IS FIGHTING HAS A % OF 60 AND HIT ME. This happens WAAAAAAY too often for me and it does not nearly do it enough times in the opposite fashion, where I would receive such luck. I spent over 30 hours on this game. FUCK THEM. Don't care. it's gone. Even if i finished the game, I would not have been too kind on it. Here goes my score:

50/100. The story is intriguing and the Ike chapters/battles are awesome! However, the story goes from political happenings to absolutely numbnut bullshit. I cannot fathom how an adult could have wrote this story after a certain point. Basically, someone signs a blood pact which will damn the country if they don't do everything that this other country wants them to. why didn't the signer read the damn thing? oh right, because some creepy guy told him not to. absolutely genius. hemlock tastes like grape soda. come on try it. you can trust me. douche. As you can tell I'm frustrated.

EDIT: despite my best efforts to ignore the fact that my OCD realizes that I would have an unfinished game gone forever, i have picked it up once again and managed to make it through another 2 chapters. the 2nd and 3rd chapters after that prologue were easy despite having about 2x the number of enemies. why? because i had mostly my badass guys from Path of Radiance, that's why. Nolan is almost third tier now, and sothe got his upgrade too. whoop dee freaking doo Sothe. you upgraded at level 12 (it was part of the story). after about 30 chapters, got you to level 12. shit. the main character should be maxed out! his mage sister Micaicah i've gotten to level 20 of her first class, and currently level 15 of her 2nd. she's maxed out her magic, skill, everything except luck and strength! her luck is already at 38! i've never seen anyone with that kind of luck!
lepraconog

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I am playing fallout 3 with The Pitt and Broken Steel downloadable content on the xbox 360.

I am almost level 27, and am finally going back to try to do the quest involving galaxy new radio, although because me level is so high there are a bunch of super mutant overlords with guns so power that only 5 hits from it can kill me. I already did the pitt and dont think it was worth 10 bucks, and I have not even finished the first mission on broken steel, although it is nice to be able to play after doing the last mission.
Tachikoma

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Evony recently but I'm thinking of giving it up as I was plundered 6 times during the night and now I cannot build new units or fortifications until I've got supplys and everytime I build them up I'm plundered.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn:..... stuck again. 2nd toi last chapter. NOTHING BUT DRAGONS. Dragons are ridiculously strong and my characters get their assess handed to them even before the 1st turn is over. i might be able to take out like... 6 dragons but when it's their turn they always take out my character. also, was not aware i would not be able to access a shop between the last 5 chapters. i looked stuff up online too late on this. so... i doubt i can beat it. i'll try a few more times... but i don't think it'll be very possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond Good and Evil- about 8 hours into it. just finished the slaughter house. gotta meet up with the team and find out what is most likely the next and last thing i need to do. i looked it up on ign.com, and there's an unofficial BG+E 2 set up! sweet! will definitely get it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond Good and Evil: OWNED'D'D'D'D'D'D'D.

Score: 95/100.

It is zelda-esque, with a plot that is enthralling and entertaining. amazing game. characters, plot, and gameplay are really great and i usually hate stealth like games. about 10 hours into it. the final boss was annoying because they change the controls on you. i press left and i would go right. i was so pissed. grrr. but aside from that last battle very good. oh, also, the characters that you have to help you kind of suck in a fight, but they do have some useful abilities.

Dragon Quest IV: about 26 hours i. i am at the last area before the boss and i cannot win! ugh. MP runs out and i can no longer heal my peeps and I think I get pretty close to killing him each time! my main characters are all at least lvl 37 but i guess it's not enough. i will keep leveling up for a while, or i will check out some guides.

No More Heroes!: amazingly better than when I last posted. I am now the 5th greatest assassin in the United States. I have gotten a lot better at the fighting but it is still kind of lame. the story is pretty good, there is a lot more development and content to Travis Touchdown than I thought possible. He's a huge loser, but has a lot of really cool moments, especially when it comes to assassins. "Number 7, perhaps I was too late in telling you this, but I loved your soul". Play it and find out why he says this and understand his koolness. Or find it on youtube. The game is still pretty crappy on a few levels, such as the real world that one is to travel in. it's reaaaaally lame. I would prefer just to point and click on locations rather than driving around. it would save me a lot of time. it's so bad that it alone will cost the game about 10 points, the lackluster battle is another minus 8. this game will not get beyond an 82, but the plot/development might get around a 90 though. depends on how it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soooo... i've beaten and played quite a lot of games... no idea where to start. but i guess i'll just do what i am playing right at this moment.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World- about 3 hours into it. i looked up the reviews on gamefaqs. 2 people gave it 2/10. i read these reviews. people are idiots. they don't like that there's murder and war and it's dark which is different from the 1st one. SHIT. seriously? i don't like it so it's not good? where's the objectivity!? "i don't like the story but it's dark, brooding, a lot more mature despite the 1st game's blah blah blah". perfect objectivity. not my cup of tea, but a lot of people probably like it or the possibilities. damn man.

FFIV DS- about 15 hours in. i'm at some tower in world underground or something. everyone's about... 45. getting owned by a boss who can reverse the damage system. attacks heal him and healing hurts him. he changes it too often though... so while i'm able to hurt him with cura or whatever, he'll change it and then gets mostly healed. grr.

Dragon Quest IV: DS- same place. right at the final boss. i've leveled up but i still can't beat him. it's getting harder and harder to pick it up. i don't want to grind and gain levels! it's a tough battle only because of the low amount og HP and MP i have. i run out of MP and can't heal during the last leg of the battle. plus there are not a lot of mp restoring items... grr x 100.

No more Heroes- i beat it a while ago. awesome story. got the real ending and the regular ending. i'd give it a 95/100. it is so crazy. uumm... the battle system and traversing the world take off the points, and it's only a 95 because i love the craziness of it all! for the sake of objectivity, it would be truer to grade it a 92, 88, even a 78 depending on how hung up one gets on the weak points.
Tachikoma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Rogue Galaxy (again), been meaning to start Chrono Trigger on my DS but other things keep getting in the way of starting it.
Birdo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past ....since my last post lol

I finished playing WOLFENSTEIN 3D. I bought it off of XBOX Live Arcade. I went through all 60 levels, killing hitler and all his Nazi minions.

I also played the prequel, SPEAR OF DESTINY, on the mission of obtaining the title object from Hitler's collection of antiques. I've been playing the other 2 episodes in the past few weeks. Man, I'm really getting my classic ID fix, lolz

...and we're stopping people from smoking.

What a shame.
Patraw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on a serious gaming binge lately--I bought a crapload of used games from the local Gamestop and Play 'n Trade stores at the end of August.

GBA

Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King. Cleared the game with Gimli and Frodo, almost done clearing it with Gandalf. Trying to unlock all the bonus maps/characters.

Iridion 3D: Can't get past the fourth boss. Trying to work my way up through the levels again without losing any lives, so I can save maximum lives in my passwords.

Risk/Battleship/Clue: Clue blows, but I never get tired of playing Risk and (salvo) Battleship.

Mega Man & Bass: I'm to the fortress stages with both Bass and Mega Man, but have yet to clear either. Hardest Mega Man game I've ever played--level design is terrible/ridiculous in my opinion.

N64:

Banjo-Kazooie: Cleared the first six worlds, haven't started the seventh yet. I've got all the puzzle pieces so far, but I don't have 100% note completion on some of the stages and I'm still missing some honeycomb pieces.

PSOne:

Shadowman: Completely beat. Got all 120 Dark Souls and 500 cadeaux. I've played, and completed this game on N64 multiple times already though, so it's not like it was hard for me to do again. I mainly bought this version because it's the only one that has the concept art book.

PS2:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Operation Resurrection: I'm about halfway through the second episode. No problems so far, other than missing a few secrets.

Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force: Currently on the Space Pirates hideout--got killed in toxic gunk the last time I played if I remember right. Not a difficult game, just haven't got back to it in awhile.

KOF 2006: Unlocked all the secret characters, got about 90% of the 100 easy challenges completed. Beat the game in story mode with around 13 of the characters.

Vexx: Found all the wraith hearts in the first world, started working on the second.

Dr. Muto: Cleared the first two worlds on the junk planet, but haven't collected all the goodies on them yet (need additional powers anyway for some of the challenges).

Sled Storm: Unlocked all but one or two characters, most of the tracks, but I still have many sleds to unlock. Haven 't beaten the championship yet.

Contra - Shattered Soldier: Beat the game multiple times on easy, and have gotten "S" rank on all but the fifth level. Still can't beat it on normal though with only three continues, but I'm getting close.

Lord of The Rings: Return of The King: Completed about 50% of the game. I've completed all of Gandalf's levels, but I'm having trouble with Sam and Aragorn/Gimli/Legolas's paths. The game, even on easy, is brutally difficult at times.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i had the time to play and beat so many games... i've bought a lot of used games from gamestop within the last year ON top of the many other games i have yet to play/beat. i envy you a bit.
Patraw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I forgot Giants: Citizen Kabuto for PS2 too. I completed the Meccaryn campaign and just stared the Delphi Sea Reaper segment.

I finally beat LOTR: Return of The King for PS2 the other day. I completed the main game without cheating, but I used the health refill code to complete the Palantirs of Saruman and Sauron--there's no way in hell I'd ever beat them otherwise (20 waves of tough enemies each).

And, on the GBA front, I finished Gandalf's and Eowyn's campaign in LOTR: Return of The King. Just need to do Legolas and Aragorn now, and I should unlock the last, and final, bonus map. I read in a FAQ that beating the game with two characters was supposed to unlock Golem/Smeagol, but I've beat it with four characters now, and he still hasn't shown up. I know you have to connect to the Gamecube version to unlock Sam, which I can't do.

E-Bob: I don't buy games too often, but when I do, I usually buy a crapload like that. Keeps me busy for at least a month or two generally. The only bad thing is I don't get any sculpting done when I'm playing all those games. Razz
Patraw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Gamestop again yesterday and picked up:

PS2:

Splashdown
SpyHunter
Treasure Planet
Mega Man X7

GBA:

SimCity 2000
Golden Sun
F-Zero GP Legend

Haven't had a chance to try them all yet, as I didn't get back home till the evening, but that's what I'll be playing for the forseeable future. Still working on some of the games I listed previously as well, although I did beat a number of them.
Lashen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patraw wrote:

PS2:

Splashdown
SpyHunter
Treasure Planet
Mega Man X7

GBA:

SimCity 2000
Golden Sun
F-Zero GP Legend

Haven't had a chance to try them all yet, as I didn't get back home till the evening, but that's what I'll be playing for the forseeable future. Still working on some of the games I listed previously as well, although I did beat a number of them.

The story mode for Zoda on F-Zero: GP Legend will forever haunt me.
Otherwise it was kind of easy for an F-Zero game, but really fun.

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity drove me nuts.
Patraw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy? Surely you jest. I can't even win the first race of Zoda's story mode. Maybe I just suck at F-Zero. I do okay in the Grand Prix race modes (I've cleared bronze, silver, and gold on easy, and bronze and silver on normal so far), but I found the Story races to be insanely difficult--I've beaten three of the story arcs, but I haven't been able to complete the other five.
Lashen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few missions in Story Mode that made me want to kill myself, which is why I pointed out Zoda; his final mission is the most ridiculous. Compared to other F-Zero games I think it is mostly on the easy side, but it just goes overboard when it decides to be difficult. There never seemed to be any middle ground.

Have fun with the missions on the White Land tracks... Confused
Joestar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patraw wrote:

PS2:

Splashdown
SpyHunter
Treasure Planet
Mega Man X7

GBA:

SimCity 2000
Golden Sun
F-Zero GP Legend

Mega Man X7.... why? Capcom really had it against their fans when they made that game. At least X8 was much more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing BF2142. Dunno, something pulls me into this game.
Patraw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joestar: I agree that X7 is rather poor in comparison to other chapters in the series. X8 is definitely superior. There's definitely a lot of problems with the game, but it can still be enjoyable at times.

As to why: (1) it was only $5, (2) I hadn't played it in years (I borrowed it from a friend back when it first came out), and (3) it's the only PS2 Mega Man X game I was missing in my collection.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World- somewhere like 24 hours. characters are about Level 34. hate the monsters, generally.

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary (Wii)- just got through the 1st place. i missed sooooooooo many relics and such. i suck as a tomb raider, even if i look absolutely stunning. lol.

FFIV (DS)- everyone's about level... 55-58. at the last dark crystal. can't beat the wall... i may go back to some local areas, use float and go through them in the hopes of leveling up a bit.

all of this update is EXTREMELY dated. last time i played any of these was like 3 weeks ago minimum. at least my finals time won't be shit like it has been. only 1 exam that i WON'T be studying for, a 6 page paper i'm trying to get done tonight/tomorrow, and a dinky vague take home test that i have like 3 weeks to do (don't even have it yet). soo... maybe i'll be playing some more... or not... got a lot of books i would like ot read for fun, got LSATs i'm planning on working on... yeeeeeeeeah.
Meteoslasher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Bob: Die for Avengance! wrote:

FFIV (DS)- everyone's about level... 55-58. at the last dark crystal. can't beat the wall... i may go back to some local areas, use float and go through them in the hopes of leveling up a bit.

I had to do a lot of leveling in that game.
Mek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meteoslasher wrote:
E-Bob: Die for Avengance! wrote:

I had to do a lot of leveling in that game.

Use virus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: