VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Elite Wrestling
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:

The first WEDNESDAY NIGHT WARS ratings are in:
AEW -- 1.4 million
NXT -- 900,000

Vince: "I would suggest, this impressive number notwithstanding, that there are many factors at play here, and in the long run, we here at World Wrestling Entertainment will continue to be the industry leader in sports entertainment. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to use the restroom."

HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I called them "ratings," those numbers are actually the viewer totals. For that I apologize. I'm still mentally woozy from the ultimate shock in all wrestling history: the return of Jack Swagger.

I guess Carlito cost too much.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize until very recently that AEW's Pac is Neville.

80% of that is the fault of my syphilitic brain. The other 20% is because there are currently several dozen guys in wrestling with angular faces glaring dangerously through long black stringy hair. Or maybe there aren't quite that many (See: brain, syphilitic).
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how Le Champion shuts down an audience chant:

"‘We The People’ sucks, and it's dead and buried. It was a stupid idea from bad creative, and all of that’s gone."
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
This is how Le Champion shuts down an audience chant:

"‘We The People’ sucks, and it's dead and buried. It was a stupid idea from bad creative, and all of that’s gone."

Some people are disliking that bit because it's "a shot at WWE", but I'm with everyone calling it a master class in promos by Jericho. They want to present Hager as a different guy with the MMA/Bellator background. Jericho killed the chant in such a way that the crowd popped and stopped the chant because he made them feel dumb for chanting it. In a few minutes, Jericho put over Hager, Santana, Ortiz, Guevara, himself; named his new stable; shut down a chant; put heat on his PPV match with Cody; added heat to his issues with The Elite/Dustin.

Between the Inner Circle guys, Private Party, Riho and Darby Allin - it feels like AEW has already made more young stars in four hours than WWE has made this year.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koERFJTRJo8

"I've never seen a self-righteous son of a bitch skateboard down the rampway and attack me from behind" is a sentence that could only be from a wrestling promo. Unless the X Games have changed a lot since I last watched them.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
"I've never seen a self-righteous son of a bitch skateboard down the rampway and attack me from behind"

Don't have a cow, man!
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Foleyite wrote:
"I've never seen a self-righteous son of a bitch skateboard down the rampway and attack me from behind"

Don't have a cow, man!

Jericho: "Awwwww, buy the Inner Circle a HANG GLIDER, you said. Fight Cody from above, you said."

Guevara: "Yeah, and YOU said you're only 180 pounds."

Jericho: "SHUT UP AND LOOK FOR THE ELITE!"
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://deadspin.com/this-is-darby-allin-and-i-love-him-1839131254

"The Tim Burton creature pictured directly above these words is a pro wrestler named Darby Allin, who currently performs for the start-up promotion All Elite Wrestling. Today I am here to tell you that I would die for this skeleton twink."

"Most importantly, though, beyond his good looks or what he represents as a wrestler, Darby Allin is fun. He took on AEW champ Chris Jericho in the show’s finale last night, and even though he was the loser in a rushed match with a foregone outcome—AEW has been heavily advertising Jericho vs. Cody Rhodes for the title at the next PPV—I couldn’t stop cheesin’ as he bounced around the ring with a legend. The absolute best sequence of the whole night saw Jericho tape Darby’s hands behind his back, only for the underdog to resolutely continue attacking with his high-flying abilities. It’s silly and joyful and dangerous-looking and absolutely what TV wrestling should be."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: