VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WRESTLEMANIA 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: WRESTLEMANIA 34 Reply with quote

WWE.com has a thing on "4 Things We Want to See at WrestleMania 34". They are:

1) Stephanie McMahon having a match.
2) Cena vs. Reigns
3) A Universal vs. WWE title vs. title match.
4) An Attitude Era Legends Battle Royal

No sir, I don't like it.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:

Somehow, in a 19-hour show, they couldn't figure out a way to squeeze in Samoa Joe or Luke Harper. Or how to bring back Finn Balor. Or where to debut Nakamura, or the Revival.

But by all means, WWE must pull out all the stops to get Road Dogg Jesse James and Faarooq an emeritus bonus check.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Foleyite wrote:

Somehow, in a 19-hour show, they couldn't figure out a way to squeeze in Samoa Joe or Luke Harper. Or how to bring back Finn Balor. Or where to debut Nakamura, or the Revival.

But by all means, WWE must pull out all the stops to get Road Dogg Jesse James and Faarooq an emeritus bonus check.

Harper was in the pre-show Andre the Giant Memorial Bunkhouse $10,000 King of the Mountain Battle Royal. I'm surprised that Joe wasn't in that thing, killing a bunch of guys and maybe winning it.

I know they like having surprises and debuts/returns on the night after Mania RAW. But it makes Mania feel so sterile when hardly anybody ever debuts or returns at the supposed big event anymore. That's why the Hardys thing was so surprising. I think we all assumed that'd happen on RAW.

Nakamura's debut is also weird. He just sort of showed up on Smackdown. The way the storyline was going, I thought for sure it was building to Shane McMahon losing the match at Mania and afterwards saying "OK, AJ. I can't deny it. You beat me. You're one of the best in the world. But I found somebody just as good, if not better." Cue the violins and YEAHOHs. But sure, have him just randomly come out after a Miz TV segment, whatever.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few guys have been in 3 WrestleMania main events in a row. The Rock, HHH, Cena. Only one guy has been in more consecutive Mania main events: the obvious one who basically main evented the first decade of it, Hulk Hogan.

If Roman Reigns is in the main event of WrestleMania next year, he will be the first guy other than Hogan to headline 4 Manias in a row.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dave Meltzer: "Although there are rumors about Styles vs. Cena at Mania, I’m told that right now that is incorrect, and Cena is in a much bigger match than Styles. The only thing I was told is it will be clear within a few weeks what that match is. Bigger than a WWE title match seems to limit it to a non-regular or surprise guy and the only names I can come up with would be Undertaker, Batista, Goldberg or Hogan, and at Hogan’s age with his back problems, it would surprise me if he could get cleared even if the sponsors were okay with his returning."

That ANY of these are even remotely being considered as options for a "big match" in 2017 is just bonkers.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk!

(It'll be the Big Show.)
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meltzer is saying the top 2 matches for Mania are gonna be Reigns/Lesnar and Undertaker/Cena. I have basically zero interest in either of those matches. Undertaker shouldn't be on the card at all after last year and a match with Cena is at least 5 or 6 years late, and I think even that's being kinda generous.

I did think that Taker's send-off last year was a little too slight considering how important he's been to WWE and gave them an out if he wanted to come back, but oof, this is just at a Willie-Mays-falling-down-in-the-outfield level now.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taker/Cena
Reigns/Lesnar
HHH/Strowman
Styles/Balor

If the rumors are true and these are indeed the top matches for Mania, I'm starting to think I might not bother watching this live.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Meltzer is saying Miz will be defending the IC title against Braun Strowman at Mania?

The only way I'd accept that match is if they basically recreate Goldberg steamrolling over Raven for the U.S. title in WCW.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Brock Lesnar versus Roman Reigns is the main event of this year's WrestleMania because there's more interest in this match than there is in any other. Period. Exclamation point. That's the match that sells this show."-- Paul Heyman

I would say - based on crowd reactions, social media, media coverage, etc. - that it'd be extremely generous to call Reigns/Lesnar the 4th or 5th most anticipated match on the card.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being an 80-year subscriber of the Wrestling Observer, and despite mailing in lists of joke wrestling questions with my renewal checks for a couple of years, I have never sent in a ballot for the yearend Observer Awards, because I don't really care about the results.

That will change in 2019, when I vote for the Observer's undisputable 2008 Rookie of the Year: Nicholas.

Past Rookies of the Year:
1983: The Road Warriors
1990: Steve Austin
1992: Rey Misterio Jr
2018: NICHOLAS
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicholas is ready for a singles push, brother.

Also, I think it's hilarious that Erik Watts won the PWI Rookie of the Year award. But in the Observer awards, it was Rey Misterio Jr.

Maybe that Dave Meltzer guy has his pulse on something!
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year's Rookie of the Year winner got 351 votes. There has GOT to be a way to Sanjaya the award for Nicholas.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, unless she really tanks from here on out, it's gonna be hard for Ronda Rousey to lose the ROTY award.

But, who won a TITLE in their debut match at WrestleMania?

NICHOLAS 2018.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a WWF/WWE title in their first-ever WWE/WWF match:

Paige

Gail Kim

Santino Marella

Christian

Jerry Lynn

"Carlito Caribbean Cool"

Ted DiBiase Jr.

The Giant (WCW)

NICHOLAS

The sad thing is that, at the present moment, Nicholas may not be last on this list.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume Nicholas will be in the 50 man Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia. Gotta fill out that Rumble somehow.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when Nicholas was selected from the crowd, I was 100% sure he was a little girl. He's the progressive choice to battle your outdated CISgender norms! NICHOLAS 2018.
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIncognto wrote:
Also, when Nicholas was selected from the crowd, I was 100% sure he was a little girl

I'm still 90% sure.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Won a WWF/WWE title in their first-ever WWE/WWF match:

Paige

Gail Kim

Santino Marella

Christian

Jerry Lynn

"Carlito Caribbean Cool"

Ted DiBiase Jr.

The Giant (WCW)

NICHOLAS

The sad thing is that, at the present moment, Nicholas may not be last on this list.

Based on this list, someday I fully expect to see a sex tape with Nicholas, straddling a member of New Day while wearing a green snake glove and eating an apple, before
plunging to his death from a Japanese building.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqq1ShFPdCA

Better than David Flair's TitanTron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: