VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I've got a glob. A bolg? A borg?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: So I've got a glob. A bolg? A borg? Reply with quote

No, a blog. I've been feeling sentimental lately, so I started a blog called "From the Memory Bank: My History with Video Games." It's mainly discussing my experiences with the games I've played/owned; how, if at all, they affected my life; and how friends, family and the surrounding time-period played into things, with other random thoughts thrown in.

I've got two entries up and would like to update the blog with one or two entries a week (probably on Sundays), if not, like, a month. So stop on by if you're hurting for reading material, or even fill up the comments section with relatable tales. You know--make it look busy.

http://mrpofvania.blogspot.com/
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read Razz
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving it a look, captain!

I'm still tinkering with the layout, since these blog things are more advanced than I thought. Also, I'm sure you noticed that I borrowed a few screenshots from the main site (since some of these games take too long to play through), so I've got to format things in a way where I can give credit in a pronounced way.

I'll figure it all out.
Lashen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking really good so far—I'm eager to see more.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for page visit.

Unfortunately, I find myself in the middle of a mini-crisis. As I was putting these scattered memories together into a functioning timeline (which I've never done before), a couple of glaring contradictions arose, and they suggested that I'd made a horrible mistake. For instance: I know that I saw the movie The Wizard and watched the Super Mario Bros. Super Show the weeks they debuted and after I got an NES. I struggled to convince myself otherwise, but this and a whole bunch of other evidence proved that it was Christmas of '88, instead, that was the magic day.

I pride myself on having a great memory, so this is very disappointing and quite stressful. It doesn't really change much in terms of proximity of dates and the months that I got the respective games, but it means I've mixed up, say, the purchasing of Bad Dudes with Super Mario Bros. 2 (which was an '89 Christmas present and not what I said here--the "confirming the turnip image" thing was an entirely different instance).

I'm going to correct the dates as best I can and apologize for any confusion that has been caused. I did "the STUPET," as they say.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone here owns a blog or has experience with one, but I have a question for anyone who might know. I just had a short conversation that compelled me to revisit VGJUNK, and I noticed the setup with the tabs ("Article Index," "Tabs," etc.) atop the page. How, exactly, do you do this?

Keep in mind that my knowledge of HTML is limited to the stuff you see on the Castlevania site.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore that last post--I figured it all out.

Instead I'm looking for input: Does anyone have any video-game-related blogs they'd like me to link to or know of any that deserve recognition? I want to fill up my Credits and Links page.
Lashen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We share a very similar experience with Mario's Cement Factory!
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to how specific the circumstances are. You got it from a New Jersey uncle at an Italian restaurant?
Lashen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahahaha, I'm afraid not exactly.

Just a birthday gift one year at a restaurant from a family member (though, I forget who). I had no idea what Game & Watch was, and still wouldn't for quite some time (that is, until desktop computers with internet access found themselves under virtually every roof). It bore a mysterious appeal for that reason—I hadn't yet owned a Game Boy and developed an emotional attachment to it at school and on the go.

I remember questioning at one point whether or not it were a legitimate product. I'm sure I'd have known better sooner, had I been subscribed to Nintendo Power (but I didn't have that kind of relationship with my parents).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: