VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ultimate World Wrestling Entertainment© Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Raw's ratings are entering TNA Impact Spike TV territory, the answer is clear.

MORE BARON CORBIN.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NCAA men's basketball final was scheduled directly against "Raw" a couple of weeks ago, and the audience is still exhausted from the excitement. Also, many viewers may have lost their TV remotes that night, which would mean their sets are stuck on CBS. Also, whatever ratings WWE is losing are being more than made up in social media hashtags, which are literally priceless.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious solution is to air a segment where Vince forces all of the talent to come out and line up and stage so he can castigate them for several minutes.

Then he can spark excitement by promising to give the fans what they've long been demanding: announcements of new general managers, the return of celebrity guest hosts, and Bo Dallas in The Marine 8.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Dallas in a Marine gimmick would be more amusing than "The B Team", at least.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to Bo-labor the point, but it Bo-hooves me to say your Bo-littling insults are Bo-wildering. Stop Bo-smirching this man and reflect on your bad Bo-havior.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting Update:
The renamed Viking Raiders' finishing move has been renamed "The Viking Experience."

WWE believes in using every part of the buffalo (Tatanka).
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these what smart marks call shoot interviews?

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1124434205641924608?s=20

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1124340276040957952

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1123945953600389120

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1123585486960963585?s=20
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just begun to watch the rave-reviewed NXT show from a month ago. Clearly I'm doing a poor job keeping my head afloat in the tsunami of entertainment that rewards one's attention.

Anyway, I'm highly skeptical that the illegal act of outside interference to break up the pin that occurs just after 21:00 in this video clip broke up the pin in any way.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x75cqwp
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
I've just begun to watch the rave-reviewed NXT show from a month ago. Clearly I'm doing a poor job keeping my head afloat in the tsunami of entertainment that rewards one's attention.

Anyway, I'm highly skeptical that the illegal act of outside interference to break up the pin that occurs just after 21:00 in this video clip broke up the pin in any way.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x75cqwp

I always think those "breaks up the pin at the last millisecond!" spots can be a little corny or risky, because when someone slightly misses the cue, it just makes the whole thing look really contrived. I think that was a pretty good one, actually. I also don't know if it started in NXT, but the "shoving a guy into the guy making the pin to break it up" spot falls under the same umbrella and has already become a tag team wrestling trope of this era. (Although I thought "Oh, that's a good idea, I'm surprised I haven't seen that before" the first time I saw somebody do it.)

I can't remember when I said this already, but one of the amusing things about being at TakeOver live is seeing them set things up like Alestair Black's little pop-up seesaw board. And of course, the guy who started up a one-man "DOINK THE CLOWN" chant. (And no, it wasn't me.)
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
I always think those "breaks up the pin at the last millisecond!" spots can be a little corny or risky, because when someone slightly misses the cue, it just makes the whole thing look really contrived. I think that was a pretty good one, actually.

No, I liked the spot, and the timing was swell. I meant because there were 2.5 guys piled on top of Ricochet when they did it, and he couldn't lift either of his shoulders.

Hope you caught the next exciting installment of "WWE Presents Fuck You, The Revival." First there was a hilarious "surreptitiously filmed shaving his teammate's back but no homo bro" segment. Because the act is so humiliating that where ELSE would the Revival secretly do it, besides the middle of a WWE shower room?

Then the Revival angrily came out and defended themselves as men, "M, E, N" while the Usos pointed at them and the audience as one lapsed into anaphylactic shock. If someone in the upper deck had... revived [I twitch and spasm laughs, Uso-style] and went back to eating their nachos, you could have heard the chewing.

Later, the Usos were laughing and bantering in that terrible "presenting a Nick Kids' Choice award" manner that WWE incorrectly thinks is cool and entertaining. [See: Iiconics.] But the Usos had good reason to jabber: they'd secretly put some kind of burning ointment into the Revival's wrestling trunks!!!

And it was a specially time-released voice-triggered ointment, which had no effect until the Usos announced it. At which point the Revival started throwing themselves on the ground, and grinding their afflicted loins into the ringpost, and dragging their burning asses across the floor like a dog with worms. This did get a moderate laugh from the crowd.

Then they crawled up the ramp to the Usos, who promised them something that would give their tortured groins relief. They handed the Revival bottled water, which they gratefully and desperately poured down into their pants. But oh HO! The Usos merely meant that hydration would make the itching go away, but wetting the affected area would only make the pain and itching WORSE! That's just medicine science. And then the Revival did some more "Ow! My Balls!" comedy flopping and flipping while the Usos doubled over laughing amid an otherwise eerie silence.

Come back next week for the next knee-slapping installment of "WWE Presents an Unmistakable Message to Our Independent Contractors"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKSOtV_q47E
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching the ring entrance for Matt Riddle, and I award 6 3/4 stars for the hands-free, day-glo, high-velocity slipper removal. There's no way the rest of the match can possibly measure up.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nikki and Brie Bella will be at the NBC Upfronts this Monday afternoon, representing the company at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

John Cena, Ronda Rousey, Stephanie McMahon, Triple H and Big Show are slated to appear at the FOX Upfronts at the Beacon Theater later that day.

There had been talk a week ago that Hulk Hogan would also represent the company next week, but we have not heard that is actually happening.

Ah yes, those superstars that people watch on RAW and Smackdown weekly: the Bella Twins, John Cena, Big Show, Ronda Rousey, and Hulk Hogan.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ayatollah Gene Okerlund"

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1124664943507324928
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Patera has a good weekend:

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1125878115711049728
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia is advertising the following matches for this year’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view, which is taking place at the venue on July 14. Whether or not the matches will happen remains to be seen:
Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton in a triple threat match for the WWE Championship
Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin in a tables match for the Universal Championship
Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Elias in a handicap match
AJ Styles vs. Drew McIntyre"

Good luck competing with that, AEW!!!!!
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman Reigns can beat leukemia, but he can never survive the WWE booking committee.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Roman Reigns can beat leukemia, but he can never survive the WWE booking committee.

It's really stunning that the universe (the big one, but also the WWE one) gave WWE Daniel Bryan - arguably the most popular wrestler of the last 20 years and he had to retire due to injury, but has been able to make a full comeback.

He is now a heel in a tag team, wrestling on the Money in the Bank pre-show.

Roman Reigns, pushed to BE the most popular wrestler of the last 20 years, just couldn't find a way to win the fans over. He is diagnosed with leukemia and even the most jaded fans cheer the honest, open way in which he discusses his life & diagnosis. He is treated and lucky enough to go into remission and be cleared, giving WWE another real-life feelgood story involving one of their most prominent stars.

He faces Drew McIntyre in a mid-card match at WrestleMania.

This company is hopeless.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that one guy, EC3
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WWE has had a few snafus and setbacks lately. But they've all been fixed with the introduction of the new 24/7 belt.

It's too bad that Roderick Strong or The Brian Kendrick can't surprise attack Vince McMahon in a loading dock, and three seconds later become the new guy deciding how to book the company.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting news: I just finished watching the NXT Takeover show, which took place only seven and a half weeks ago. I'm so current! SummerSlam '13, here I come!
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE Truism: Whenever they say that a wrestler "avenged last week's loss," it means that WWE views both he and his opponent as potential back-up contenders for the U.S. title.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WCW Chamber of Horrors electric chair is demanding an apology.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Vince voice] IT'S AN ATTRACTION.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
[Vince voice] IT'S AN ATTRACTION.

"So, the day I knew I was gone, that was promo day and that was a miserable day, fix your creative, dudes, be ashamed, but I could barely get out of bed, what was happening was this writer, and it's not his fault, he has to go up the chain, so I see the sheet with these lines and I say here I go to Vince, like the time he said 'This is good shit' and I'm like seriously? because it's not like I was going to leave but this one day I thought I might leave when I saw these words, and I tell Vince 'so I'm an idiot?' with this various stuff they hand me in these scripts sometimes these scripts are five minutes and they take forty minutes, none of it makes any sense, I'm not saying that but okay, whatever, maybe I'll say it, so anyway it's insanity and I can't remember what the line was but I'm like, every time, now I gotta see Vince again, with this exhaustion and stupidity, I was so done, I was done, so I decided I'm not leaving, and they said just say the line and it's like a prop, I was steaming, I'm waiting to change the line, this line, that line, whatever it was, I can't tell you now but it was, anyway, throughout all the crap, I'm like pacing, and they buried me but they didn't bury me, I'm pitching my ideas and they're like 'do the same lines,' here's an example, I can't name it, you know what I'm saying?"
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is just giving interviews right & left and it actually feels like a big deal because the guy has been a social media recluse for his whole WWE run. Also, he had the rep of a guy who works hard and put his head down and never complained - fair or not - and was one of the three or four most pushed top-level guys in WWE over the last decade, so his words have more traction among fans and people in THIS BUSINESS, compared to Punk or other people who have been characterized or dismissed as bitter.

"Everyone knows that everything we’re doing is stupid but we’re still doing it. Something has to happen there. I couldn’t help it from the inside. I tried but they all think I’m some kind of idiot, but I saved all my money so who’s the idiot now?" -- Jon Moxley
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a cool story that gives his first post-WWE promo, him debuting on a show featuring a Rhodes Brothers match and the NJPW promo a bit more weight, too.

JM: "[Dusty] had this vision of me, of how I was going to take over WWE. These vignettes would be in a smokey bar, the camera zooms in on my back, Dean Ambrose leather jacket, in the Viper Club. He called it the Viper Club but he meant the Viper Room. He had this vision of me as a Johnny Depp, River Phoenix, “you’re James Dean baby”. He literally saw me as the coolest person in the world; that’s how he pictured these vignettes and pitched them to me. Dusty saw me as the coolest person in the world and Vince saw me as an idiot. That’s the difference between the two.

Flash forward to my first promo I released after leaving WWE, the prison one and I knew we were filming in LA. I kept thinking about the leather jacket and the Viper Club and I insisted on getting a shot at the Viper Room, just for me. There was deep, deep meaning to that. What I didn’t know is that the dice on the wall were on a two and five, double or nothing but the conspiracy theorists out there noticed it. The other conspiracy theory I heard was that the dog represented Roman Reigns, the hound of justice. The dog was just a good boy doing his job, but hey, art is subjective and it can mean whatever you want it to."
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only making fun of the Mox's speaking style. Anyone who watches WWE for any random 9-minute stretch knows he's 100% right.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sports.theonion.com/saudi-arabia-feeling-skittish-about-doing-business-with-1835327983?utm_campaign=SF&utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Twitter
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube recommended a video to me called "WrestleMania 36: 10 Matches We Want to See". These are the matches they listed.

Demon Finn Balor vs. Brock Lesnar
DIY vs. The Viking Raiders
IC title ladder match: Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Ricochet vs. Alestair Black vs. Nakamura
Braun Strowman vs. Lars Sullivan
Shane McMahon vs. HHH
Kofi vs. Xavier Woods vs. Big E
WWE champ Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
Becky, Charlotte, Sasha & Bayley vs. Ronda Rousey & Her MMA Horsewomen
The Rock vs. Roman Reigns
Universal champ Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles

I literally don't want to see any of these matches.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The match I would most like to see at Wrestlemania Next Year would feature Bobby Lashley, No Way Jose, Baron Corbin, the New Day, Bobby/Robert Roode, Titus O'Neal, R-Truth, Sheamus and Jinder Mahal, in an "Eleven Men Enter, None Come Out" battle. Also, the match would take place inside a blast furnace.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing The Viking War Raider Experience gentlemen gave up their NXT tag titles and cleared their schedules.

Imagine if they were still in NXT. They would not have been able to fly to Saudi Arabia and get eliminated by Titus O'Neil in a giant battle royal. Or not be on TV for a month.

I can't wait until Velveteen Dream gets called up and loses the 24/t title because Nia Jax farted and it startled him into being rolled up from behind by Hornswoggle.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOKS LIKE AEW WON'T BE STEALING MIKE.... what's his name again? Yeah, the guy married to Maria? I think he's been on some shows. I can't recall any, but he works there? Yeah, that guy.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Owens: "NO, YOU KNOW WHAT, DOLPH, NO NO NO. You're not gonna come out here and talk about IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU, 'IT SHOULDA BEEN ME'. IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU, IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU. YEAH. It should have been you. It should have been you 8 years ago. And it was kinda, then it wasn't and it's not going to be again. And it's not gonna happen. JUST GET. OVER. IT!"

Ziggler: "Kevin: All you look like is you could be entered in a hot dog eating contest."

Owens: "You know what? If I WAS in a hot dog eating contest, I'd WIN, which is more than YOU can say about WRESTLING MATCHES!"

This is probably the most entertaining promo segment Dolph Ziggler has ever been involved in.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DX/nWo guys all hugging and laughing while Seth Rollins stands off to the side looking sad and left out, pretty much sums up modern-day WWE better than any Variety or Forbes article.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If in fact Steve Austin was merely given directions to "be yourself" and then went out and winged his effective "yay for the family" speech, it should be a flashing red alert to WWE why their overwritten promo memorization format has such trouble creating new Steve Austins.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
If in fact Steve Austin was merely given directions to "be yourself" and then went out and winged his effective "yay for the family" speech, it should be a flashing red alert to WWE why their overwritten promo memorization format has such trouble creating new Steve Austins.

Watching WWE is like watching a film or TV show with a bunch of kids/teenagers where you think "This is so obviously some 38 year-old guy's workshopped joke and this kid actor has to deliver the line". Except the writer is a guy in his 70s and the jokes are Drew McIntyre promos talking about EVISCERATING someone or Alexa Bliss talking about avocado toast or lattes or whatever.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the people's choice with the most matches so far this year in WWE is....

Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine thinking "everything is fine, Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin is still main eventing all of our house shows for the summer".
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love him or hate him, the man rocks a concierge's vest like no other.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TalkSport:
WWE want the original NWO of Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash to headline the 2020 Hall of Fame Class

All three men are already Hall of Famers in their own right, but the NWO faction certainly deserves recognition for kicking off the hottest period in the history of the business. No question.

https://talksport.com/sport/wwe/579073/wwe-original-nwo-hulk-hogan-scott-hall-kevin-nash-2020-hall-of-fame-class/

The full nWo induction will include Fake Sting, Horace Hogan, Midajah, and Mike Wallstreet, or we riot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: