VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ultimate World Wrestling Entertainment© Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the print edition, which lags behind the digital subscriptions. So just tell me this: for the Rookie of the Year voting, was Nicholas unanimous?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
I get the print edition, which lags behind the digital subscriptions. So just tell me this: for the Rookie of the Year voting, was Nicholas unanimous?

I'm afraid I've got some rowdy news.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Ron Killings accepting a rookie of the year award seems like something they'd have him do.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is utter bullshit. Ronda Rousey was bloodied by a crutch to the face from Becky Lynch. Rousey was violently beaten up by Charlotte Flair. Rousey was double-teamed by the Bella Twins, and attacked by the Riott Squad, and slapped by Stephanie McMahon.

Nicholas doesn't have a goddamned mark on him. So far, he has an immaculate career.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, you're really not gonna be happy about how many votes Nicholas got for Worst Gimmick.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them cast by his fellow professional wrestlers. Who are jealous about how embarrassingly their careers were shown up by the only true Mr. Perfect: Nicholas.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq79Xvn3xys

WWE catches up with the legendary Nicholas.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Big Show added: "[Undertaker and I] had a great match many years later, one of my favorite matches I've ever had. I sent him a text a bit later and said, ‘Hey man, thanks for such a great match, I appreciate everything you've done for me, you're the man.’

"He sends me a text back and it's a picture of his balls and he's flipping me the bird.

THE PHENOM. THE LAST OUTLAW. THE DEAD MAN. THE OLD MAN WHO TEXTS FRIENDS PICS OF HIS BALLS.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo of his balls was actually an ominous threat.

Or are you only just realizing what's always been making that BONNNNNNNGGGGGG..... BONNNNNNNGGGGGG..... BONNNNNNNGGGGGG..... sound?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you weren't excited for Mania, well maybe ::checks notes:: Baron Corbin cleanly winning a match against Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle putting him in the ankle lock will uh, change your mind.

I guess Brock, Batista and Rousey wanted to go see Dumbo before it got too late or something.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the build for Triple H's match makes SOME sense, so that's all that really matters.
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, we're getting TWO battle royals!!! I always like to hang around with my friends and watch a bunch of wrestlers hanging around in the ring.

Will Konnor eliminate Tyler Breeze? (Maybe.) If so, will the elimination be shown on camera? (Maybe.) Which one is Tyler Breeze? (Someone will tell me.) Will they mention Mojo Rawley is a former Andre the Giant Battle Royal champion? (They really shouldn't.)
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that Braun Strowman tossing Colin Jost and Michael Che over the top rope and onto a bunch of guys who only ever wrestle on Main Event is going to be used in WrestleMania packages for years.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAW after Mania ratings, through the years

2014 -- 4.61 million
2015 -- 5.14 million
2016 -- 4.08 million
2017 -- 3.76 million
2018 -- 3.90 million
2019 -- 2.92 million

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LOWKVq5sQ
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE's publicity department did a bad job getting out the word that Baron Corbin would be holding a celebration for his victory. That probably cost them 11 million viewers right there.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meltzer is saying The Undertaker signed some sort of new deal with WWE. He also cancelled the Q&As he was gonna do and is being replaced by Foley. That seems fair. A WWE lifer who never breaks kayfabe has dropped out, but in his place, you do get a guy who's written several books about his career and does standup and appears on stuff out of character all the time.

I guess WWE's noble "You should fulfill your prior commitments to other wrestling entities" thing only applies when they feel like it.

Not that I need Taker to break character and hear stories about Chainz tripping over his own pants at a house show once or whatever. So whatever. I do wonder how many more times they will trot him out for a match or a "OH MY GOD, ITS UNDERTAKER" segment where he interrupts somebody and hits a Tombstone, since he's looked pretty rough the last couple of years. Let the man REST.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news today, as Punishment Martinez is no longer.

He is now Damien Priest.

So he got a ....better ... and yet, less good name?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Damien Priest is better than THE VIKING EXPERIENCE.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince's abiding passion for "big meaty grunty blobfish guys" is not shared by me. However, I can fully get behind "The Viking Experience" as a good, ridiculous name.

But "Damien Priest"? That might be an unusual name on a sitcom or in your yearbook. But for WWE's Name the New Guy Mad Libs, it might as well be Dave Wilson.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to cast my vote early this year for Best Gimmick in the Observer Awards.

Congratulations, Kevin Owens: Honorary New Day Member.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince's abiding passion for "big meaty grunty guys who sillydance" is not shared by me.

Except Brodus Clay.

(Preferably after Michael Cole's uproarious cackling is digitally excised from the audio.)
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that The Viking Experience were previously called The War Raiders in NXT, which in turn was just a "we own the IP rights" switch from their Ring of Honor name "War Machine."

That only makes me want to double down, and say that The Viking Experience is indisputably twelve hundred times better than a generic bowl of blah like War Raiders, or War Machine, or War Lords, War Zone, War Dogs, Dogs of War, or WarioWare.

Easy for me to say, of course. I'm not either of the guys who'll be relegated to doing unfunny bathroom poop skits in 2 months.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least I won't confuse Viking # 2 with the MUSIC Hanson anymore since they changed his name to Thor or Gorgos the Destroyer or whatever. That definitely kept happening.

------------

I guess a couple of pretty well known WWF 80's themes were actually covers of existing songs from 1981. This is weird.

https://youtu.be/_zrIJOzg45A

https://youtu.be/fWCJOvhFHHQ
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most well-known and profitable example of this practice that I know of:

Listen to the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d38qNqc8N6k

Then, enjoy the recycled version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF45h9Gp_cs
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're now The Viking Raiders. NFL fans are torn.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was already in "what the" mode over the JYD/Slick songs, but the Tonight Show/Carson theme being a cover is really a hugely weird revelation somehow.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaneRobot wrote:
They're now The Viking Raiders. NFL fans are torn.

Our long national nightmare is over.

They're still called "Eric" and "Igor" or whatever, though, so it sucks for those guys.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh shit, we forgot to write a song for the show intro! I guess I'll just use this old thing and add shave and a haircut to the end of it." -Doc Severinsen
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Carson got 50% of the publishing from Paul Anka. Each of them made a couple of million dollars on it. Carson made millions that should have been Anka's, but Anka made about 11 cents from it the first time... and the second time... and the third time.

Originally it was a 1958 instrumental called "Toot Sweet" that was a Disney B-side and bombed. Then Anka changed the title and added lyrics for an Annette Funicello release called "It's Really Love," but it bombed again. Not a crazy idea, since Annette had a few Top Ten hits at the exact same time. But no dice.

Okay, he made a lot more than 11 cents since there was an entire album in 1960 called "Annette Sings Anka" that hit #21 on the Billboard chart and Anka got all the songwriting royalties. But that wasn't nearly as much as Anka was making on his hugely successful career with a dozen hits including two #1 songs and two #2's. Nevertheless, Anka's own version of "It's Really Love" did nothing, either.

Settling for half of the Tonight Show theme in 1962 was worth way more than 100% of "Toot Sweet/It's Really Love."
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, Viking Raiders? v.4.0?

Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry. As the Wrestling Observer tells us: "McMahon pointed out that WWE will experience a 'whole new beginning' this September when the Fox era begins."

So please look forward to this "new era" where you'll see "sweeping change" and bear witness as everything "begins again."

And while you're in that mindset, you should also be aware that Vince has two buildings in Connecticut he'd like to sell you.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope these are them; I've already applied for two mortgages:

Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Perfect wrote:
Not to worry. As the Wrestling Observer tells us: "McMahon pointed out that WWE will experience a 'whole new beginning' this September when the Fox era begins."

So please look forward to this "new era" where you'll see "sweeping change" and bear witness as everything "begins again."

And while you're in that mindset, you should also be aware that Vince has two buildings in Connecticut he'd like to sell you.

Raw ratings are down 20%, live revenue is down 15%. But, as Vince says, they had 15 main event and mid-card talents missing due to injury. (Aside from Roman, I can't even remember who would be on that list, honestly. Owens and Zayn?) That's totally the reason why people have been tuning out.

"When you don't have talent, you don't have storylines. When you don't have storylines, you're not going to do that well in terms of live events and television ratings. It was like a cascade of things that happened." - Vince

Oh yes, the cascade of injuries to everyone that caused all the storylines to stop for a while, I totally forgot about that.

The best part of today's investor call was someone asking what metrics they use to decide how to change storylines and characters and Vince basically just said "uh, I'll let HHH take that one" and HHH said that they brought up 15 people from NXT last year and they've already brought up 10 people from NXT this year, so as you can see, uhhhhhh I don't know, woozle wuzzle.

SAVE_US.239
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember how much Austin's injuries in 1997 and 2000 hurt storylines and the WWF's "engagement metrics"?
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
Raw ratings are down 20%, live revenue is down 15%. But, as Vince says, they had 15 main event and mid-card talents missing due to injury. (Aside from Roman, I can't even remember who would be on that list, honestly. Owens and Zayn?)

Ahem... oh, nobody important. Just a little someone who goes by the name of Fandango?

What's the matter, Foleyite, conveniently "blocked out" Samir Singh's ACL injury? Ever hear of Sin Cara? And that gripping "Jason Jordan, bastard son of Kurt Angle" storyline is still awaiting its third act.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Mesv#l(urr Combines Sick Burns With Bygone Similitude, Vol. XXXII:

Quote:
Natalya came out. She said she's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Did Horace Hogan ever do promos talking about 24 inch pythons?

Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, The Revival were offered a 5 year extension with WWE and turned it down today.

In unrelated news, The Revival will be losing a handicap match to Mojo Rawley tonight on Raw.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean The Revival Experience, featuring Dancin' Dash and Sexii Scott.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, Vince couldn't even wait 12 hours to have his company write something that questioned these guys' manliness and make them the object of ridicule. Never change, Vince. Actually, uh please change. You're a thoroughly despicable human being.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58

Jump to: