VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ultimate World Wrestling Entertainment© Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Tangential Damien Demento Sighting ACHIEVED.

I had to look up "tangential" and, to be honest, I'm still not sure what it means.
Harb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS MOVED (LOGICALLY) TO ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 THREAD.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harb wrote:
The Iron Sheik is going to break your back and fuck your ass and make you humble for spelling his name wrong, jabroni!

Total apologies to Aaron Shiek.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harb wrote:
HelloDes wrote:
Tangential Damien Demento Sighting ACHIEVED.

I had to look up "tangential" and, to be honest, I'm still not sure what it means.

It means Demento drinks orange space powder.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what tangential means and I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed any shots of Demento in video packages or whatever.
Harb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
I know what tangential means and I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed any shots of Demento in video packages or whatever.

It wasn't in a video package........they FINALLY finished that match.
Harb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you accidentally search "tangenitals" the Hogan sex tape comes up.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Harb wrote:
If you accidentally search "tangenitals" the Hogan sex tape comes up.

And that's MY JOKE OF THE WEEK.

Well, Harb's JOKE OF THE WEEK.

But I'm stealing it.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed any shots of Demento in video packages or whatever.

His cameo was at the outer reaches of the video package.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Foleyite wrote:
I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed any shots of Demento in video packages or whatever.

His cameo was at the outer reaches of the video package.

That was excellently executed.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From January 2017:
Quote:
"They're never going to bring [Ronda Rousey] in because the fans wouldn't treat her fairly and what would she really do at this point?" Coachman stated, "when you look at Ronda Rousey now, guys, what do you have that's any better than she was before the fight? The WWE wouldn't have taken her before the fight and if people want to tweet out pictures of her and The Rock, guess when that was. WrestleMania 2015, before she ever lost, before any of the dramatics, before any of that.

"I said this and I'll say it again, there [has] never been an athlete in the history of sports that their self-worth, and I don't like saying this, but it's true, that their self-worth is so tied to their professional success. Think about that for a second. When she lost, not only was she devastated, but she admitted that some thoughts that went through her head were not good ones. And, hopefully, she understands that she [has] gone much [further] than almost any female in really sports in the last 15 years. And, hopefully, she can latch onto the positives, but as far as WWE is concerned, they don't bring in, and I refer to her as a broken star, because that's what she is. She's broken from a professional sense. They don't rebuild broken celebrities outside of the WWE."

Coachman continued, "people think WWE is going to bring her in [but] she lost two movies last year because you can't bring somebody in who's a perceived badass and make her this thing in a movie if she just got knocked out cold in her profession."

Well - have fun bumping into her at work, buddy.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rousey could have gotten a third match after her two UFC losses. Speaking of third-time disappointments, or of being broken, how many kids do you think immediately
took a ball-peen hammer or a book of matches to the... even the Shemp is way overstating it. More like the Joe Besser of this 66% collectible trifecta:

Harb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:

Rousey could have gotten a third match after her two UFC losses. Speaking of third-time disappointments, or of being broken, how many kids do you think immediately
took a ball-peen hammer or a book of matches to the... even the Shemp is way overstating it. More like the Joe Besser of this 66% collectible trifecta:

I would have bought that set for the pizza alone. That's a pizza, right?

This signing gives the WWE HUGE credibility since Coach has worked in mainstream sports media for many years.

LOL JK. But it's WAY better than Booker T.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he's wearing sunglasses and sneering! He's cool, you guys!
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an action figure of former RNC Chairman Michael Steele that's an near double for the Jonathan Coachman doll.
Except that "Michael Steele" is a much, much better wrestling name.

Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you got worked, brother. This is a picture of the REAL Michael Steele.

HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No puppet, no puppet, YOU'RE the puppet!
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you understand, there's been no puppet posts. No puppet posts. Everyone is saying it. It's a hoax, ok?
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE Announcing Tropes Sometimes Cause Dave Meltzer to Lapse Into Existential Cosmology, Vol. XIII:
Quote:
"Strowman pressed Zayn overhead outside the ring and threw him into the timekeepers area, which the announcers called throwing him
into the universe. I mean, anywhere you throw a guy would be into the universe."

HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE just announced that Ivory is this year's "woman slot" pick for the Hall of Fame.

In the video package, they said that Ivory's career peaked at the 2001 WrestleMania, when she defended her Women's Championship against Chyna. This raises two points.

1. They call it "2001 WrestleMania" because with the wisdom of time, they now realize how inane it is to say "WrestleMania X-Seven."

2. They showed footage of Ivory standing triumphantly with her arms raised in the air, holding her title belt. Because it's less of a tribute to show her losing the Chyna match in two and a half minutes.
Harb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
WWE just announced that Ivory is this year's "woman slot" pick for the Hall of Fame.

In the video package, they said that Ivory's career peaked at the 2001 WrestleMania, when she defended her Women's Championship against Chyna. This raises two points.

1. They call it "2001 WrestleMania" because with the wisdom of time, they now realize how inane it is to say "WrestleMania X-Seven."

2. They showed footage of Ivory standing triumphantly with her arms raised in the air, holding her title belt. Because it's less of a tribute to show her losing the Chyna match in two and a half minutes.

A weird highlight to pick for someone who has enough to qualify her otherwise. But, knowing Vince, the real reason Ivory was picked is so they could try to associate themselves with G.L.O.W. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Allison Brie or some combination of those ladies inducting her. Until the day he dies Vince will keep being obsessed with crossing over into the mainstream entertainment industry.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, Pitchfork - a music site that does not usually comment on pro wrestling, even in this age where sources like Forbes, Rolling Stone, Stereogum, etc. have a wrestling columnist/feature - did a piece about Braun Strowman destroying a double bass in a segment with Elias.

Braun Strowman's ready for that mainstream crossover casual fanbase, brother.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just watched that Elias/Braun segment on YouTube and it was pretty good. As a Springsteen fanatic, I was pretty surprised to hear Michael Cole drop that Bruce reference on commentary: "Braun Strowman just blew up the chicken man in San Jose tonight!"

I also think it's kinda interesting that Braun Strowman's segments on YouTube are consistently the videos with the most views on YouTube when I check them the next day if I don't watch the show.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to give anyone something they can't unhear, but Strowman's voice is a dead ringer for Hulk Hogan's.

I hope last night is just the start of a "classical orchestra" gimmick for Braun Strowman, in which he runs through each instrument one at a time.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real loser in this whole "Jeff Jarrett going into the WWE HOF" thing is me, because I've had "With My Baby Tonight" stuck in my head for about 36 hours.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fix your little problem in three words, slapnuts.

RAP IS CRAP.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:

RAP IS CRAP.

Luckily for me, I actually don't remember the melody of "Rap Is Crap" at all.

Unluckily for me, I remember almost everything else about that storyline.
Harb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
HelloDes wrote:

RAP IS CRAP.

I think I texted you guys about a year ago when I went into FYE and playing over their system was, randomly, "Rap is Crap". I figured out that WWE released a digital album in 2015 titled "The Music of WCW". That song was on it so it made slightly more sense, but was still pretty weird.

https://www.amazon.com/Crap-Curt-Hennig-Texas-Rednecks/dp/B012CQF2CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519397132&sr=8-1&keywords=Rap+is+crap

"I like country music, I love country girls, I like Willie Nelson, and don't forget about Merle! There's only one thing that I hate, 'cause it's a bunch of CRAP. I-I-I HATE RAP."

Never have lyrics spoken to me more powerfully.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harb wrote:
Foleyite wrote:
HelloDes wrote:

RAP IS CRAP.

I think I texted you guys about a year ago when I went into FYE and playing over their system was, randomly, "Rap is Crap". I figured out that WWE released a digital album in 2015 titled "The Music of WCW". That song was on it so it made slightly more sense, but was still pretty weird.

https://www.amazon.com/Crap-Curt-Hennig-Texas-Rednecks/dp/B012CQF2CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519397132&sr=8-1&keywords=Rap+is+crap

"I like country music, I love country girls, I like Willie Nelson, and don't forget about Merle! There's only one thing that I hate, 'cause it's a bunch of CRAP. I-I-I HATE RAP."

Never have lyrics spoken to me more powerfully.

This is how I feel about Steve Regals "He's a Man" theme.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my doubts that when Roddy Piper sang "For Everybody," he wasn't deliberately slurring the word "For" to suggest something else.

I'll never know for sure. Maybe I should ask Rowdy Ronda Rousey. She's already captured Piper's total, fundamental essence.

KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dude on Reddit does recaps of Observer issues from 20 years ago. I'm just going to copy and paste what was in one of his recaps from the other day.

This was actually from right around the time GX was founded or created or formed or whatever it did.

Quote:

Desmond Devlin (who I googled and is actually a comedy writer for Mad Magazine) writes in a long letter full of jokes. Let's just read it, shall we?

────────
Technically, did Eric Bischoff's talk show last longer than Chevy Chase's?

Why does Alex Wright treat Gene Okerlund so poorly? Shouldn't he have warm feelings for a German skinhead?

Did Jeff Jarrett get the idea for his guitar smashing gimmick from the lead guitarist of the Who? It must be, because every time Jarrett walks into an arena, thousands of fans say to each other, "Who?"

Why was there such excitement over which top movie star would appear on Nitro when all-time cinematic legends like Terry "Santa with Muscles" Hogan, Roddy "Hell Comes to Frogtown" Piper, Kevin "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze" Nash and Marcus "Return to Savage Beach" Bagwell are there taking a rare break from Tinseltown each and every week?

Does "3:16" refer to the ratio between Sable's original breasts and her current ones?

How much chrome and fiberglass damage would be caused if Scott Hall scraped his house keys along the finish on the Nitro Girls?

Speaking of Hall, when you say that his rating is +1.52, is that the Neilsen ratings, or his blood alcohol content?

How many rooms are there in the mansion that's owned by the guy who sells Spanish announcers' tables to the WWF?

Did an enraged Jerry Lawler attack Jim Carrey for cheap publicity, or because he was still irate about coughing up $8 of his own money to see "The Cable Guy?"

Does Sgt. Slaughter spot Tony Schiavone sneaking up on the outside, and worry about losing his prestigious "hugest chin in wrestling" crown?

Does Meng want to form the TWO...except that as the sole Tongan in WCW, he'd be the only guy in the clique?

Where can I buy a "Best of Larry Zbyszko turning around the waving at the fans" compilation tape?

Did you notice that the windows of Mr. McMahon's Corvette held up longer against the pressure of a cement mixer than Jacqueline's top does against Sable?

When will the Leprechaun wrestler sue WCW for its biased refusal to push Irish wrestlers?

Is it true that Rick Rude had a malignant lump attached to him until recently? I mean, besides Curt Hennig.

For the millions of us suffering out here, when will the WWF finally provide badly-needed closure to the Marc Mero-Butterbean feud?

If we all break down and simply concede that, yes Konnan and the Wolfpac are in fact bouty bouty, will he shut the hell up already?

Does it bother Faarooq that he's less popular than Mr. Socko?

When will Ding Dong #2 become eligible for the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame?

Contractually, how many decades notice must WCW give Scott Steiner before administering a steroid test?

Now that they have Reid Fliehr with his Moe haircut, and Goldberg slapping his face like Curly, when will WCW get a Larry lookalike to complete the Stooge trifecta?

Does the single most thankless job in wrestling belong to the poor guy who has to run the WCW tape machine, "in case the match ends during the commercial?"

Desmond Devlin
Jackson Heights, New York

Back then if you said you "googled someone" it sounded like a gay thing. Well, more than it does now anyway.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock Lesnar is furiously searching Jackson Heights after viewing that awesome 20 year old Sable joke.

Jerry Lawler is still furiously searching for 20 year olds.
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, to ask if her younger sister is home.

AKA the "ML Curly Strategem."
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few of those "questions" letters over the years. Not coincidentally, they always coincided with whenever my subscription was about to run out. (More fun than just mailing a lonesome check.)

Almost all of those lines were unfamiliar to me. including what is surely my only Meng joke. For some reason the line I remember-- from a different Observer issue-- was very dry inside baseball. It was back when there were reports that WWE merchandise for second-tier superstars came with incorrect UPC symbols and were thus being incorrectly rung up as a sale for one of the top guys. For example, you'd buy a Koko B. Ware toy but Shawn Michaels would mysteriously get the character royalty instead of Koko, who surely needed it more.

Anyway, my joke was basically asking whether every time Taz walked past a WalMart scanner, did it register as another Hulk Hogan doll being sold? Topical and HILARIPUS.

But at least someone was getting paid on those ripoff store scans, unlike those Observer jokes that netted $0.00. As opposed to...

(page one of three)

And several others whose copyright the internet has not yet cruelly ignored.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince: ::wiping his eyes and taking a sip from a Diet Coke:: "Ok, Plan #435 to get Roman Reigns over. Let's hear it."

HHH: "I mean, this Cena II: Electric Boogaloo shit isn't working at all, Vince."

Vince: "You're telling me. I watched an old RAW on the Network to drown out that goddamn writer's sneezing earlier and Aldo Montoya got a better reaction than Roman's been getting. WAIT A MINUTE. You know how Brock only wrestles part-time? Let's have Roman do a worked shoot thing where he's like "I'm here all the time, baby, not like that PART-TIMIN' BITCH!""

HHH: "So... the thing John did with The Rock?"

Vince: "GODDAMMIT, WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO WITH THIS FUCKING GUY. WE CAN'T BRING HULK BACK TO PUT HIM OVER BECAUSE HE CALLED A GUY A"

HHH: "Ahhhhhhh Vince, careful!"

Vince: "If this doesn't get him over - well, you know what that means."

HHH: "...we convince Rock to come back and job to Roman?"

Vince: Smile
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will never see better energy or timing than Ronda Rousey, stepping on Stephanie McMahon's line to mumble that they're going to fight at WrestleMania.

She's the blandest woman on the planet.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best reaction I've seen to WWE's tone deaf decision to name the pointless womens' battle royal after Moolah:

"The Jimmy Snuka Hotel Invitational"
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mostly Nancy's fault for not prudently hanging one of these on her skull.

HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lesson here is, if your name is Nancy, stay the hell away from pro wrestling.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“I know that Chris Benoit had gone from the elite, the Four Horsemen, down to Raw. And that was a little bit of a demotion. How badly do you think he took it?" -- Nancy Grace

Fair enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: