VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Will you stop?!?"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: "Will you stop?!?" Reply with quote

Unfortunately, yes.

WWE Hall of Fame manager, commentator Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan dies at 73

:::unzips my weasel to salute the Weasel:::
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I'll be slowly giving a repeating double thumbs down, while my arm fat jiggles and my hideous face is twisted into something sort of resembling disapproval.

https://youtu.be/ts7c1SlTbJg
Harb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One does not piss on Bobby Heenan. Bobby Heenan pisses on YOU.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he didn't know it was coming, he wouldn't be wearing this jacket.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very delighted to see WM9 footage used in the Heenan tribute.

And surprised they didn't use any clips from his beloved Royal Rumble '92 "FAIR TO FLAIR" commentary.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must never forget Bobby Heenan's words of wisdom:

"If a man sticks his hand out, shake it.

And then kick him real hard when he's not looking."

That's damn right.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this elsewhere and may have posted it here forever ago, but in case not:

Bobby and Larry Z were signing to promote a Nitro that was coming up. It was actually a fairly minor turnout, so people could hang around after getting something signed without causing too much trouble. There was a group of three or four guys that kept staying there and asking Larry stuff. I wasn't with them but just kind of stood with them to hear what was being said. Why they were wasting time with Larry when Bobby Fucking Heenan was right there I don't know, but it was absolutely the only time I was intimidated by celebrity to the point I didn't really say much. I had no problem randomly talking to Schwarzenegger, Undertaker, Flair, or Stallone in their presences, and at this point I pretty much punch members of Hanson when I see them because we're like BFFs or whatever. But with Heenan I could barely open my fucking mouth.

Anyway, after two or three minutes of these other guys continually asking Larry stuff, Heenan suddenly pops up to look at the front of the table. He then gets down on his hands and knees behind the table and looks under it. Larry asks him what he's doing. Heenan just replies "I thought there may be a sign on this desk that says information."

Somewhere in Heaven, Bobby Heenan is freaking out over Brian Pillman unexpectedly grabbing him.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After WWE's tribute to Heenan and those tweets from current superstars, it dawned on me that aside from Vince and a few others, there aren't really any current guys that worked with Heenan. And it's not like there were tons of signs in the crowd for Heenan the way there was with other pivotal, legendary guys after they passed away. Most fans now probably just see Heenan the way I saw a guy like Arnold Skaaland or whoever years ago; an old guy you accept as a "legend" but you never really saw much of the guy or understand why people thought he was a big deal. I guess it just made me feel old and sad.

I wish Corey Graves would have done a "BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON?" when somebody came out to interrupt a promo. Or someone could have done a "That's not fair to Flair" when Natalya was insulting Charlotte on SmackDown.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heenan was announcing for WCW at the same time that Goldberg and Sting were there, and both of those guys showed up in WWE to big reactions. If Heenan could have walked onto Raw sometime in the last 5 years, he would have gotten the same.

The comparative lack of RIP BRAIN signs could just be that the news of Heenan's death didn't break until Sunday night. I don't watch Smackdown-- was the sign ratio better there?

Here's a guy talking about his idea of what makes a good wrestling villain:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/20/wrestling-wrap-up-why-bobby-the-brain-heenan-was-the-greatest-wwe-performer
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But time passes. A Facebook posting pointed out that yesterday was the 20th anniversary of Goldberg's debut, and also of Steve Austin stunning Vince McMahon for the first time.

Heenan was talking up the WWF arrival of Ric Flair more than 25 years ago, and he was in the Hogan-Andre-DiBiase storyline 30 years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: