VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Have to be the First?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason #485 why it sucks to be a wrestler:
There are only two options. Either you die alone in a Travelodge hotel aged 38, or you find out that Heaven doesn't need you.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
How did you not bold "what u mean chris benoit is a god and fuck his retarted kid."?

Yeah, it was almost bolded. The thing that kinda killed that one is that if you continue the quote on that one, it was one guy lecturing another guy for saying the "benoit is a god fuck his retarted kid" quote. So it kind of took some of the sting out of it.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Benoit Tribute RAW for the first time. ::creepy music:: "Why.... tonight's the anniversary..." WWE may not have known the details of his death by that point, but it sure seems like people had some vague idea. When they first cut to JBL, he looks spooked. Cena looks like he just saw the "deadlights" from Stephen King's It during his tribute. A lot of guys make sure to respect Benoit "as a performer" (especially noticeable in comparison to the Owen tribute RAW, where guys made a point to talk about what a great, fun person he was). Punk, in tears, promising to "keep the next generation of wrestlers alive" is one of the most heart-wrenching things I think I've ever seen on a wrestling show.

In 2007, KaneRobot was right:
KaneRobot wrote:

I was highly amused by Stephanie's latest bit of acting, talking about how warm Chris was and what a kind, emotional person he was...while his closest friends said that he was someone who rarely let anything get to him and was essentially a rock. She also managed to get in how awesome her marriage to HHH was 3 or 4 times.

This was Meltzer's Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic of the Year territory. Malenko talks about how newer guys would meet Benoit and think he was "odd". Malenko, Regal and the guys who seemed to know him well talk about how quiet he was, how he never appeared to show emotion, how he cared about the business more than anything. Then Stephanie comes on in full McMahon Damage Control, saying Benoit was "warm" about 4 times, "funny", "emotional" and talked about him loving his family. She may as well have been wearing a sandwich board that said "WE NEVER NOTICED HIM ACTING WEIRD. HE NEVER APPEARED TO HAVE ANY EMOTIONAL/MENTAL PROBLEMS/BRAIN DAMAGE. HOW COULD WE HAVE PREVENTED THIS, HE TOTALLY SEEMED LIKE A FUN-LOVING, WARM, FRIENDLY GUY WHO'D NEVER KILL PEOPLE". Also, her gushing about how Chris thought it was "so cool" that she married HHH is just all kinds of bizarre.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foleyite wrote:
2007 Me: "Hey, man. You know Chris Benoit & Eddy Guerrero?"

1997 Me: "Yeah, they're great. They're two of my favorites; they're like two of the best reasons to watch WCW."

2007 Me: "Yeah, well, WCW's going the way of the dinosaur, pal. Eddy and Chris will go to the WWF. But it'll be called WWE."

1997 Me: "Whatever. Yeah, right."

2007 Me: "They even get to main event in the WWF...er, E. WWF World champ Chris Benoit, man."

1997 Me: "Shut up.. that's fuckin' crazy, dude."

2007 Me: "You think that's crazy? Eddy dies of heart failure before his forties begin and Benoit murders his wife, his kid and HIMSELF."

1997 Me: ::in complete shock::

2007 Me: "Oh shit, man... I almost forgot. They bring back fucking Tatanka."

1997 Me: ::faints::

2012 Me: LOL
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe some of the thoughtless things I wrote. Mainly, I can't believe that when I mentioned Nancy "Woman" Benoit, I didn't have the thought to say Daniel "Child" Benoit.

Undiagnosed damage? Perhaps. I'm going to have to donate my brain for research. Or maybe to those poor dogs... the last time I heard about them being fed was 2007.
Harb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I read back through this thread, I totally had forgotten that Rod Beck died. That MONSTER Benoit is still torturing our souls five years after his death.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be glad that Stephanie didn't comment on the event post-investigation.

I don't know how people might have reacted to "I know what it's like to be 'strangled' and 'suffocated,' because one time the government tried to put a big, stuffy headlock on my family. I, too, know the feeling of being 'left hanging,' as these attacks only served to isolate brother and I, leaving no time for bonding with daddy."
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten years later.

It's weird to think back to this event and remember the slow trickle of information that came out: that there was period where many (myself included) did not suspect Benoit as the cause of the murders; the unverified stuff about Benoit's son, etc.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope the dogs made it out of the enclosed pool area. Another five years, and still no dramatic closure.

But at least this video, which had been completely yanked from YouTube, is back. Unlike a dwarf woman who looked vaguely like Betty Page having a bad reaction to prescription medication, anything that was ever put on the internet cannot be permanently choked off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGcILyuNEs

Really, the most shocking truth in this entire story is the most far-fetched: she would have been much, much better off continuing to straddle a nude and aroused Kevin Sullivan. Let us all learn from her mistake.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to a podcast about this, and today I learned that the infamous dogs in the enclosed pool area were named "Carny" and "Highspot".

I don't have enough groans.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still better than Knobbs and Sags.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only we had played this helpful video game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: