VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BROTHA NEERO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: BROTHA NEERO Reply with quote

IT'S OVAH
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, seemingly overnight, this went from "oh this is so bad" to something that people were legit excited about. For me, it was seeing the insane trailer for THE FINAL DELETION. Then I had to see this. It's actually kind of heartwarming to see how much fun everyone was having watching this stuff. Everyone from fans on the internet to writers and the DIRT SHEETS BROTHER and guys like Foley and Jericho loving it to death on Twitter.

This was the first time I'd watched TNA in about 2 years or so.

THE FINAL DELETION stuff was insanely humorous. All the respect in the world to Jeff Hardy for still taking insane, original bumps and to Matt Hardy for creating a bizarrely entertaining character. Jeff Hardy literally jumped out of a tree and shot fireworks at a boat in this match. I'm sure the Jim Cornettes of the world will forever hate this whole thing, but it was different and weird and fun; all things wrestling is supposed to be.

As for the rest of the show - aside from the Hardys, it does seem like TNA now has a decent mix of guys WWE never really used well (whether it's due to bad booking on WWE's part or the fact that those guys hadn't found their groove yet when they were there), some indie guys that haven't been on WWE's radar and a few TNA originals. I'd never seen 75% of the guys in the X Division match and Andrew Everett, Mandrews and Trevor Lee all had some impressive moments. Particularly whoever did that nutso moonsault press off of the scaffold.

I could do without all the talking segments with Dixie Carter, Mike Bennett, Maria, Billy Corgan, etc. Man, that is weird to see Corgan in this way.

From watching this show, it is really obvious how much NXT has hurt TNA. WWE has basically created a #2 promotion itself and it excels in the areas TNA used to excel in. TNA used to showcase flippy guys and standouts from the indies in the X Division and have a Knockout Division that had more talent than WWE's divas. Now NXT has ushered in a wave of post-Punk-and-Bryan indie stars and NXT/WWE womens' divisions are worlds beyond TNA's. TNA also used to feature some pretty good tag teams in an era when it seemed like WWE gave up on them, but NXT (via Triple H, I guess) has had a pretty strong focus on tag teams, while TNA's tag division now seems to consist of a couple teams of guys that have been there for 5 or more years finding a new random partner.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to watch TNA's show this week because it was their Destination X show and they had built it up pretty well last week.

...well, no, I mostly just wanted to see the followup on the Hardys/Final Deletion stuff.

I'm not even an hour into the show and it's already been worth it for Matt Hardy talking to the dilapidated boat (now named "Skaarsgaard") and Hardy horrifying a child while screening The Final Deletion in his home theater and screaming "I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!" at the screen.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogeTmA87Vk
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He got HIS GARDENER OVER! WWE can't get Roman Reigns over and Matt Hardy GOT HIS GARDENER OVER." -- Bryan Alvarez, Wrestling Observer Radio.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Johnson, PWInsider:

What is truly sad about the entire situation, to me, is that itís obvious the Hardys lost some momentum with the sudden stop to the gimmick and that all sides would have been far happier had everyone remained with Impact. The travel schedule was far easier on the Hardys and Matt Hardy had the ability to have his wife and son with him on the road. Impact had a great act to hang their hat on and even if you didnít think the Broken stuff was your cup of tea, you had to at least acknowledge it was different and extremely creative. It was a cool moment in time, but now thatís been lost for good. No matter who ends up owning the ďBrokenĒ material, everyone involved lost out. Each side will obviously blame the other, but that doesnít change the fact that, again, that moment has now been lost.

Pretty much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: