VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WRESTLEMANIA 33

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: WRESTLEMANIA 33 Reply with quote

This is the year they finally do Cena/Taker at Mania, right? It seems way too little, way too late on that, now that The Streak has killed a lot of the intrigue and interest in that match but at least it keeps both of those guys away from halting the momentum of an upcoming star.

Including entrances and dramatic post-match surprised faces, I'm guessing they devote a full hour to that match.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WRESTLEMANIA 33

A CERTIFIED G

DO THE THING

IF YA GOT THE GUTS
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BOOTY-O'S WERE GREAT

AND THE 4 HORSEWOMEN WERE COOL
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the rumored WM33 card, as of now.

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho
WWE champ Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton
AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
John Cena/Nikki Bella vs. The Miz/Maryse
Tag champs Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Big Cass

HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal.

And Mark Henry vs. the Andre the Giant statue from the WWE lobby.

Predicted rating: *****
(Of course, those five stars will have to be divided up among the matches.)
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Don't forget the Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal.

I try to.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also forgot the Charlotte/Sasha/Nia/Bayley 4-way because that sounds like a Raw match that I wouldn't be excited to see.

With the Rollins injury, the card may undergo a shuffling now. The last time the card got reshuffled, it was for the better and Daniel Bryan had two MOTY candidates. But since this reshuffling may apparently involve HHH vs. Shane McMahon, my hopes are not high.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaneRobot wrote:
WRESTLEMANIA 33

A CERTIFIED G

DO THE THING

IF YA GOT THE GUTS

HelloDes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we looking at? I only know the person in blue is neither slim, nor Jim.
Harb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Bobby. He was always the BUTT of jokes.

I'll show myself out.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
What are we looking at? I only know the person in blue is neither slim, nor Jim.

Jim is who Bobby The Ass Heenan is bowing to.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the photo doesn't show a Jim Ross/Jerry Lawler/JBL hybrid wearing a Ninja Turtle costume, and looking directly into the neck hole of a freshly beheaded Fabulous Moolah?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
Are you sure the photo doesn't show a Jim Ross/Jerry Lawler/JBL hybrid wearing a Ninja Turtle costume, and looking directly into the neck hole of a freshly beheaded Fabulous Moolah?

Would probably rather watch this than most of the rumored WM33 card.

Or WrestleMania IX.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For years, Vince used to call Wrestlemania "the granddaddy of them all."

But this year's Wrestlemania is truly going to be the granddaddy of them all. It's going to walk stiffly and with difficulty, will shit its pants, and will increasingly have trouble recognizing things (mostly, the kinds of things people like to see at Wrestlemania).

Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget HHH, Jericho and Big Show - all of whom had their first "WrestleMania Moment" at least 17 years ago.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very angry. There are ZERO pictures of Friendship the Magician on Google Images, and it's been like an hour.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long this show begins with a saxophone blaring and Vince shouting "TONIGHT. THE FESTIVAL OF FRIENDSHIP..... EXPLODES", I will be perfectly happy with this show.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is there still no photo of Friendship the Magician on today's updated Google Images, but I can't even bid on an original Ralph Guggenheim (slightly damaged) on WWEShop.com. #thanksOkada
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Ambrose will reportedly be defending the Intercontinental title against Baron Corbin on this show.

BUSINESS JUST DAMN SURE NEITHER INCREASED OR DECREASED.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelloDes wrote:
It's going to walk stiffly and with difficulty,

Check.

Quote:
will shit its pants,

Yessir.

Quote:
and will increasingly have trouble recognizing things (mostly, the kinds of things people like to see at Wrestlemania).

TRIFECTA.

This confirms Sid should have been given the Observer's Wrestler Of The Year award just for the main event of WM13 alone.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(No ladies and) gentlemen, OUR LONG NIGHTMARE IS OVER.

I GIVE YOU....

FRIENDSHIP THE MAGICIAN.

Foleyite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Friendship the Magician isn't battling Bo Dallas on the 5-hour WrestleMania pre-show, somebody screwed up.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw something about WrestleMania III and it dawned on me that it's the 30th anniversary of WMIII. So, I have a feeling they might use this as the reason for mending fences with Hogan and doing some kind of callback spot. Maybe Shaq slams Big Show, with Hogan cheering him on.

Or Hogan just says something awful about Akira Tozawa or Apollo Crews as the guest pre-show commentator.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Crews in the ring::

"It's okay for me to say it if he's THIS dark, right???"
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
Foleyite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the official poster for the ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE, I'm looking forward to Starrcade '98 or No Mercy 2002 or In Your House: Buried Alive or whatever.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

And now, after an unconscionably long delay, we finally have...

THE BACK OF FRIENDSHIP THE MAGICIAN'S HEAD!!!!!

Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just years of bad booking beating me down, but the most glaring thing about this card isn't just my lack of interest in the matches themselves; it's that I have zero investment in any of the results.

RAW did nothing to increase my interest in any of these matches.

Lesnar-Goldberg might as well be Verne Gagne vs. The Sheik for me. It's two part-time guys disconnected from everyone and everything else, having a showcase match for a few minutes. Somehow, it's for the title. Since I don't think either guy is gonna be around much after Mania, it wouldn't surprise me to see Reigns or a returning Balor 'pull a Hogan WM9' or challenge for, and win, the title the following night on RAW. Hogan should return and do it.

I don't like Reigns and it wouldn't make me happy, but 3 years after the death of The Streak, Roman beating Taker doesn't feel like the annoying tragedy it would have felt like a couple of years ago. In fact, I even think it's what they should do. Taker is looking pretty worn-down and it's a perfect way to pivot and make Roman a main event heel. Sadly, I fear they'll be back to their "We can totally make Roman Cena Part 2: Electric Boogaloo" plan before the next Rumble comes around. Either way, Roman will continue to be pushed heavily, so it doesn't matter.

I don't have any interest in Rollins/HHH. Maybe if they used "Master of Puppets", I'd be more hyped up. Ironically, I think Rollins' knee injury (both in kayfabe and in reality) will make the match better because I think that'd normally be a pretty big clash of styles. But the knee injury gives HHH some psychology to work with and will ground Rollins, instead of watching him trade Jeff Hardy offense with HHH's array of spinebusters and kneedrops. I think HHH thinks he's doing his part for the future by putting guys like Bryan and Rollins over at Manias and booking NXT, but he just shouldn't even have a big spot on these cards anymore.

Owens vs. Jericho is the rare WWE modern feud that's been built well storyline-wise. Neither guy (aside from Owens' consistently good matches with Sami Zayn) has really been doing anything that exciting in the ring lately though, so hopefully this is good.

They've bungled the RAW tag division booking so badly, but they've reached the result they should have been aiming for: putting the belts on Big Cass & Enzo. Stale act already, but they're the most over team in years outside of the New Day. Give 'em the belts. Maybe Cesaro can make this good.

The Andre the Gia... who cares. It'll probably come down to Braun Strowman destroying Big Show and Sami Zayn. Maybe Tatanka and Shaq will show up again. Maybe Samoe Joe is in this to kill a few comedy guys.

Outside of a few fun 3 or 4-person spots, I think Bayley and Jax will bring down the match quality significantly from last year's triple threat. Any of the 4 could win this and my reaction would not change.

I've liked Austin Aries ever since his TNA run a few years ago. Whether he was tagging with Roode or facing Samoa Joe or Bully Ray, he was consistently a Match of the Night guy. Considering this card, he may well be that here for WWE... so of course, his match has been moved to the pre-show.

At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure that Al Roker and Lunchmoney Lewis will help make this event the ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. It was more enjoyable than last year's Mania.

But it's not one I can imagine wanting to revisit a lot in the future.

It'll always be "the Undertaker's last Mania", so there is that. I can't see much else holding up or seeming that important down the line.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't think setting up the sure to be half-assed, legally permissable "Expunge! Expunge!" Hardyz angle is big? You don't think setting up the season-ending special wedding episode of "Total Divas" is big? You don't think a six-minute, six-person match compellingly kicked off the Era of Naomi? You don't think an incoherent rehash of the Undertaker-Shawn Michaels retirement storyline will undo all the resistance to your future WWE champion Roman Reigns? As Enzo Amore has said 170,000 times with always increasing entertainment value, woddawee got here, a hatah?
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One positive is that now that HHH has faced all the Shield guys at Mania (except for Ambrose who he faced on a pre-Mania show and doesn't feel big enough for a high-profile match at Mania anymore), has faced Brock at Mania, and has already faced Cena and Orton at Mania once or twice - there isn't really a Mania match for him next year.

I guess he could do a nostalgia rematch with someone like Rock or Angle. And HHH gonna HHH, so maybe he'll feel like he's giving Balor, Styles or Nakamura a "rub" by being in a match with them, but since there finally isn't an obvious match for him, I really hope he settles into his role of WWE boss/Dad of NXT now.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: HHH's lack of viable options 11 months from now--

If they can take Shane McMahon in a hallway and blow it up from nothing to a featured Wrestlemania match in two weeks, and if they can suddenly slap together a supposedly bitter dispute over ownership of an imaginary "yard," none of us will ever be safe.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::Morgan Freeman voice::: Well, I'll be damned.
HelloDes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved him as McCloud.

Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Meltzer had the same "Match of the Show" thoughts as I did, since he gave AJ/Shane a higher rating than anything else on the show.

He gave Roman/Taker ***, which might even be being a little generous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: