VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NXT Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: NXT Thread Reply with quote

I finally got around to watching Takeover:The End this morning. Nowhere near as good as the Dallas show, but again it was another strong NXT show.

La Sombra's debut was a letdown. After the vignettes, having him come out dressed like one of The American Males (complete with a feathered hat) didn't exactly scream 'respected international lucha superstar'. I was hoping he'd win over the crowd and have a great match, but the match was just sort of there.

I thought Revival-AA was even better this time. The work seemed crisper and it didn't feel like a 'repeat' match. I could watch these guys trade the titles and feud for a few more months. I'm all for more tag teams and the return of managers, but I hope the Revival/AA feud continues. Although Fire & Ice II (with Paul Ellering) vs. AA might be good, I guess.

Asuka/Jax was way better than I thought it'd be and I'm glad they're keeping Asuka as a strong champ.

I've always seen Joe and Balor as talented guys that I'm just not super into and this match didn't really do much to change that. The atmosphere, crowd and blood made Dallas feel like a real battle but the cage match was just okay for me.

Aries/Nakamura was the first time that Aries felt like a big deal in NXT and like the Aries of ROH/TNA. Great match.

The Drifter was not on this card due to his injury and so obviously, his starpower was missed.
GIncognto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrade Cien Almas has a stupid name, a stupid outfit, and a stupid finisher ("ram my dick into your face at a high rate of speed").

I disagree on Revival/Alpha, I liked the first match more, but it's easier to like a match more with a larger hot crowd. I felt that's what this show was really lacking, it's tough for them to make an NXT show seem like a big deal now in front of 500 people when they have done 13,000 seat arenas with the fans going just as crazy. But anyways I DO agree with you that this match gets bonus points for being nothing like the last one.

Joe/Balor was obviously off from them having to re-book at the last second after The Drifter was injured. He was originally going to make it a 3-way and win the title.
XDXSCSA123: NICE AND SOFT
XDXSCSA123: NOW LIP LOCK
XDXSCSA123: SEX
Foleyite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIncognto wrote:
Andrade Cien Almas has a stupid name, a stupid outfit, and a stupid finisher ("ram my dick into your face at a high rate of speed").

I can't believe they couldn't come up with a better, less clumsy name for him. Some people in the crowds have been trying to chant "LET'S GO AN-DRADE" for him which just sounds like they're chanting for Andre the Giant, since his name is pronounced "On-Draw-Day". Then you've got him doing springboards and lucha stuff during matches and his finisher is basically a Bronco Buster/Broski Boot move. His match with Dillinger on this week's NXT was better, but it feels like they haven't put much thought into the NXT-ized La Sombra at all so far.

Quote:

I disagree on Revival/Alpha, I liked the first match more, but it's easier to like a match more with a larger hot crowd. I felt that's what this show was really lacking, it's tough for them to make an NXT show seem like a big deal now in front of 500 people when they have done 13,000 seat arenas with the fans going just as crazy. But anyways I DO agree with you that this match gets bonus points for being nothing like the last one.

I'd have to watch it again. Obviously, the crowd atmosphere was way better with the bigger crowd. But I remember the Dallas match being a little sloppy and botchy at points.

Quote:
Joe/Balor was obviously off from them having to re-book at the last second after The Drifter was injured. He was originally going to make it a 3-way and win the title.

I joked about this with Harb, but now I really want Nakamura and Drifter to form a tag team called 2 Fast 2 Furious: Tokyo Drift.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that NXT was interrupted at one point this week for an episode of WCW Saturday Night. I'm looking forward to Steve Cutler vs. Jim Powers, though.
KaneRobot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since NXT is bringing in random people now to challenge the current roster, I'd like to see a one night Steiner appearance.

SMO JOE, YOU AND EREYBOEY HERE IN NST KNOWSSSS YOU CAN EAT ALL THE SMOAN FOOD YOU WAN. YOU WONT BEAT THE GENIC FREAK AND THEN ITS ON TO STONE COLL AND THE WWF BULLSHIT
HelloDes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaneRobot wrote:
Since NXT is bringing in random people now to challenge the current roster, I'd like to see a one night Steiner appearance.

I'll wait for Goro, or Sub-Zero.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A one-off Scott Steiner NXT appearance would be pretty good.

Although since he already faced Joe in TNA, I'd want him to face Tye Dillinger and talk about why the math on the "Perfect 10" is all wrong.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are interesting comments from Triple H.

Quote:

Im not happy with where it is right now by far. I want it to be much better than it is, but its a rebuilding process. All these things going on, they all make changes in the ecosystem. Where everything lands at the end of the day is a moving target.

I think NXT has the potential to be a lot of things. Where it sits is not 100% my decision. I know those conversations have happened.

It is feeling a bit 1999 ECW lately, with a lot of people being called up to the main rosters and people being a little bit rushed into top spots. Still an enjoyable show, but now a lot of the stuff that would have happened on NXT is happening elsewhere (205 Live, the UK shows, the main roster). I don't know how much say Dusty had creatively, but maybe his absence is being felt. Not to mention the head writer being promoted to Smackdown.

But it also kinda feels like HHH needs to shit or get off the pot. Is NXT a developmental league? Or is it your super indy promotion full of TNA, NJPW, ROH veterans that you've created that's gonna have its own supercards and touring groups under the WWE umbrella? It kinda can't continue to be both.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was walking down the street and I saw a homeless guy, I gave him $50 just for not being The Drifter." -- Corey Graves

Early contender for quote of the year, despite my love of The Drifter.
Foleyite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More disappointing than the Mania card not being that interesting to me, is the fact that the Mania weekend Takeover for this year feels so weak.

I'm sick of the trend of the title changing hands at one Takeover and the next Takeover's main event just being a rematch. With Ohno back in the picture, a Nakamura/Ohno match would have felt like a fresh, big deal. And Roode could have defended the title against a fan favorite like Dillinger. Ember Moon hasn't been built up that well for Asuka, but Asuka can't just dominate forever, even if they have signed a glut of female indy standouts who are on the come-up. They called American Alpha up too early and now The Revival and DIY are kinda spinning their wheels, but nobody's ready to replace them in the tag title scene yet. Maybe it will exceed all expectations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> GX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: