VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peeping Eye & Combat Cross/Holy Vile Weapon customs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patraw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Peeping Eye & Combat Cross/Holy Vile Weapon customs Reply with quote

I didn't make these.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=27104
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially like the Combat Cross. When I first saw and read about the weapon when Lords of Shadow was coming out, the idea intrigued me. It's a pretty simple weapon but still inventive.

What surprises me about the figures you make and now this Combat Cross is that they're poseable. I've always thought of sculpts as being something that dries up and can't be manipulated further. Is there some specific material that you use so that you can move the different parts around, as demonstrated with the "one-golem-wrecking-crew"'s fingers?
Patraw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned in my first post, I didn't make these (although I did make a AoS Peeping Eye some time ago that you can see on my art page on Mnr. P's site).

As far as providing articulation in my figures, it's accomplished with bendable wire, usually wire twist ties (the kind you find on bakery goods like bread, garbage bags, etc.). I've made more traditional, mechanical joints on a few of the other figures I've done, particularly Transformers, but not on any Castlevania figures that I can recall. Papier Mache does dry to become very hard, so, you are correct that the sculpting medium itself is non-mobile as-is; the wire joints are located in gaps between the sculpted pieces.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just didn't write that post very well (though I did know that you didn't make the Peeping Eye/Combat Cross figures when I created it). Thanks for the explanation for how these things become poseable. I was thinking you used some sort of non-drying clay, if there's even such a thing.
Patraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is indeed such a thing as non-drying clay, it's called plasticene. Instead of mixing water with natural clay, you mix oil. Unfortunately, because it never becomes hard, it's usefulness is limited. If you wanted to shoot some claymation it'd be a good choice though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: