VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clash of the Titans remake scheduled for 2010...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lashen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Clash of the Titans remake scheduled for 2010... Reply with quote

Forgive me if this seems irrelevant but Castlevania gathers much of its inspiration from Greek mythology, so I figured this was worth sharing here.

The title is not a joke. Almost three decades since its release, Clash of the Titans is getting a makeover.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800320/

I'm going to be ridiculously skeptical because this is one of my favorite movies of all time... but the photos up there kind of give me worry.

I suppose I just kind of have the feeling it will not give the same sense of adventure the original film did. I guess I'm just fearful of paying to see Perseus charge in slow motion through thousands of giant scorpions, covered in blood while Disturbed plays in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4K4I59jUTs

The co-producer of the original film doesn't seem to understand either.

Putting my bitching aside now.

Pros: Cerberus might have three heads this time.

Thoughts?
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a fan of remakes, in most cases based on the conclusion that there was no reason for the movie in question to be remade. The original certainly wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a vintage-80s fantasy-adventure steeped in the type of sensibilities that can't be matched by today's homogeneous (digital-looking, loud, overblown, berserk-cameraed, largely color-challenged) production-process.

If you're so inspired, make an original movie or even a simple homage. Leave the originals alone--you do them no justice by "modernizing" them.

In the words of Calibos: "Remember me as I waaaas."
Lashen

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did anyone see this yet? I haven't.

I was curious about impressions though.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I saw the trailer I was looking forward to this movie, but it didn't turn out to be as epic as it was made out to be. The whole thing is kind of flat and uninspired, and the 3D isn't that great in my opinion. Storywise, everything moves too fast and you don't really feel for the characters much. I'm a huge fan of mythology (just got done e-mailing some mythology pictures of mine to family members), but I don't mind them changing up the Perseus myth. It's the plot that got me. However, the battle with the Kraken was awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: