VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding Rondo of Blood...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lashen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Question regarding Rondo of Blood... Reply with quote

Is there any way to rescue all four females in one playthrough or am I doomed to decide between having Maria, Iris and Annette or Tera, Iris and Annette?

I keep figuring this out on my own but forgetting by the time I pick this game up again. :-/
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to miss Maria or Tera the first time through, since you can't access Stage 3' (where Tera is being held) after rescuing Maria on Stage 2.
Lashen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is... inconvenient. Oh well, thanks anyway.

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Lashen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another couple of random questions...

Stage 1: To the far right from the Stone Rose; that hollow square near the ceiling has been driving me nuts since before I can remember. Does it serve any other purpose?

Stage 7: Just before Shaft's Ghost, is it possible to break those sub-weapon barriers with Maria? I noticed the last one can be broken with Seiryu but obviously the Holy Water was replaced with Genbu and I cannot break it unless it has an offensive function I am unaware of.
Mr Perfect
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stage 1: To the far right from the Stone Rose; that hollow square near the ceiling has been driving me nuts since before I can remember. Does it serve any other purpose?

There's nothing to it--no secret room, no hidden candelabras. It's simply a Shadowgate-like taunting of the player with an opening that yields no passage.

Quote:
Stage 7: Just before Shaft's Ghost, is it possible to break those sub-weapon barriers with Maria? I noticed the last one can be broken with Seiryu but obviously the Holy Water was replaced with Genbu and I cannot break it unless it has an offensive function I am unaware of.

Since Maria's animal friends aren't really equivalents to Richter's sub-weapons, I'm not sure that there's a way to clear away those blocks. I mean, it makes sense when you consider that Maria is already overpowered--you've got to limit her abilities somehow, even it includes block-breaking ineligibility.

If it's worth the effort, you might want to try breaking the blocks with the turtle's item-crash power, which has some offensive capability.
Lashen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Perfect wrote:
There's nothing to it--no secret room, no hidden candelabras. It's simply a Shadowgate-like taunting of the player with an opening that yields no passage.

Curses. What really drives me mad is the fact that they managed to make every single one of these kinds of places useful in the remake EXCEPT for that blasted hole.

Mr Perfect wrote:
Since Maria's animal friends aren't really equivalents to Richter's sub-weapons, I'm not sure that there's a way to clear away those blocks. I mean, it makes sense when you consider that Maria is already overpowered--you've got to limit her abilities somehow, even it includes block-breaking ineligibility.

If it's worth the effort, you might want to try breaking the blocks with the turtle's item-crash power, which has some offensive capability.

Yeah, I already tried out the item crash and unfortunately it doesn't do anything. Nothing seems to work on them other than using Seiryu on the cross-engraved blocks (which grants you the egg sub weapon.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> MrP's Castlevania Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: