VGMuseum
Video Games ''''Я'''' Us

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My letter to Nintendo Power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: My letter to Nintendo Power Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a big fan of Nintendo games and have a couple of ideas for the franchise.

First, there should be a Nintendo television station. If you check Wikipedia there's a huge list of "television programs based on video games". I think if you played Nintendo shows in addition to some original programs with game reviews and news (maybe IGN could contribute to NintendoTV?), it would make for a vastly successful station that'll steal viewers from the inferior Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney Channel.

My next idea is for a Sim Super Mario Bros. The premise for the Mario games is that you're Mario trying to save Peach from Bowser, braving the levels' obstacles and enemies with the help of power-ups. In the Sim Super Mario Bros. you will instead play as Bowser, creating levels and setting up enemies and obstacles in order to keep Mario from reaching your fortress and defeating you. There will be limits as to what you can do so it'll always be possibly for Mario to make it to Bowser, inviting the need for strategy. If executed properly by Will Wright (creator of the Sim games) and the folks at Nintendo this would become and instant classic. It could also be the beginning of a whole new line of Sim games based on popular Nintendo series - Sim Sonic the Hedgehog, where you're Robotnik creating zones with robots and obstacles and trying to keep Sonic from finding and defeating you, Sim Castlevania, where you're Dracula creating a castle with monsters and traps to keep Simon Belmont from reaching the Castle Keep and defeating you, etc.

I'd ask respectfully that you publish this letter so that others may see my ideas (maybe even TV execs or Will Wright!) and write in support of them.

Thanks,
[signature]

What do you guys think about these ideas?
Lashen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definately sounds like something better than the television channels you mentioned. I remember when G4 actually covered games...

In retrospect all they did was worship Halo though. You can't mix good things and Hollywood; it never turns out okay. I should know, I live there. I remember Adam Sessler annoying me excessively... but the "bros" giving me game info once in a blue moon on G4 today I think are a little too much. Morgan Webb didn't exactly give me the impression she knew much about video games either.

I wonder how she got hired? You know, I keep asking myself: "What happened to the good old days?"

Nevermind.

Yes though, I am in favor of a Nintendo Channel. I believe they have the money for it and I think it would be a good idea on all ends.

They could bring back Captain N: The Game Master.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if in another decade or two our present lives will seem as hokey as the guy in that picture's. That's not you, right?
Lashen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only dream.
E-Bob: Die for Avengance!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cartoon network is awesome at varying parts of the day. adult swim, chowder, flapjack, ed edd and eddy, there are a lot of shows that i hold near and dear.

morgan webb has a messed up faced/chin though. nice body... bad face.
SqualidPumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the classic cartoons on Cartoon Network. I'm a big fan of Tom & Jerry and Road Runner, but notsomuch Sylvester and Tweety Bird. Some of the Adult Swim shows are kind of weird though, you must admit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VGMuseum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: